legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] Groups - Event "LegalRuleML - TC meeting Sept. 5th" added

Dear Adrian,

many thanks for your email.
It is a pity because we would like today to go ahead with the temporal model.
In particular to consolidate some issues.

The temporal model, following the last emerging proposal,  is divided in two parts:
a) how to model the events and situations inside of the norms/rules. For this part we could use RR or a simplification of it.
b) how to model the external temporal parameters (inforce, efficacy, applicability) on the top of the norms/rules.
In this case we need a simple structure of TimeInstant, grouped in TimeInterval, grouped in ResourceTimeCollection

In this way we can model in light way the Event Calculus (based on the TimeInstant and on the law of inertia) presented by Kowalski and also the temporal defeasible that we (Guido and I) are interested to use (but also Nick). In other words we need to provide for each part of the rule a set of ResouceTimeCollection tx.
For simplification we suppose to take in consideration only the time of efficacy tex

R1(te3):body(te2)-->head(te1)
te2 is the efficacy of the body
te1 is the efficacy of the head
te3 is the efficacy of the rule

The consequent can be valid in a tex < to the antecedent tey.
The same also for the rule and also for other axes of legal temporal parameters (inforce, applicability).

Can you comment this vision?

Yours,
mp