legalruleml message

Subject: Re: FW: [legalruleml] Re: Time Instants or Time Points

Hi Tara,

> Adrian- we already considered using a more general <lrml:Collection>
> element
> for all the various LegalRuleML collections (References, Associations,
> etc).
> However because we are aiming to have a schema that can be expressed in
> XSD
> 1.0, we cannot use an attribute to determine the content model of an
> element. That is why we are forced to have a different name for each type
> of
> collection that has a different content model. At a minimum the name of
> the
> element needs to  indicate that it contains only temporal entities so that
> it can have a content model of zero to many ruleml:Time children. The
> metamodel concept &lrmlmm;Collection would be the abstract superclass for
> all of these collections.

As solution could be to use XSD 1.1. as discussed in the LegalRuleML telecon on October 10th

[10/10/2012 6:12:53 PM] Adrian Paschke: <Rule style="definition"> would be much more self-explanatory for me then <DefinitionRuleText>
[10/10/2012 6:13:08 PM] Harold Boley: http://www.xfront.com/xml-schema-1-1/
[10/10/2012 6:14:20 PM] Harold Boley: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmlschema11-1-20090130/#Inherited_attributes

> Regarding <ruleml:Time>, aside from the <content> extension point, is it a
> syntactic shortcut for an atomic formula such as
>
> <Equivalent>
>   <Time key="t1" type="&time-ont;time-concept">
>          ...some arguments...
>   </Time>
>  <Atom>
>     <oid><Ind iri="#t1"/></oid>
>     <Rel iri="&ruleml;Time"/>
>     <slot>
>         <Ind iri="&ruleml:type"/>
>         <Ind iri="&time-ont;time-concept"/>
>     </slot>
>          ...same arguments...
>   </Atom>
> </Equivalent>
>
> or am I missing something?

No, it is not a syntactic short cut for an Atom. It is a reified function, which interprets the arguments as a time.

-Adrian