legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] LegalRuleML Tutorial slides for RuleML2014

Indeed you are right we need a triple for Reparation, we have to indicate the type of the link between a (violated) norm and the related penalty. We can put [Reparation] in front of the name of the pair, i.e.,

 [Reparation] rep1: ps1, pen1.

The trigger is the violation of a prescriptive statement, not the violation of the head.  It is possible to have one and the same obligation for several different reasons (norms), but each norm can have its own penalty.

For example, the speed limit can be 30km/h, but this can be for different reasons, for example in a school zone (norm 1) or  in a motorway with fog and less than 50m of visibility (norm 2). Speeding in the first case has a penalty of 100 units, and in the second case of 50 units.

 A prescriptive statement is violated if the antecedent holds but the content of the obligation in the consequent does not hold (and the prescriptive statement is not defeated).

All the best

Sent from my iPad