legalruleml message

Subject: Fwd: Relative links example

Here as promised are the examples...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Date: Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 2:28 PM
Subject: Relative links example
To: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>

Hi Chet,
Here is a good example, with a bit of explanation (assumes understanding of HTML basics).  I've also attached it as a text file, in case that is helpful
*******
Good example of using relative links: is ebCore Agreement Update Specification Version 1.0.  (This was done with .ODT, but it's the same in MS-Word)

Look at the document:

Look at (for instance) Section 2.3.2

Look at the seventh bullet item:

Text:
The initiator MAY express the date and time by which it expect a response at the latest using the element RespondBy.

Here is the HTML code:

The initiator MAY express the date and time by which it expect a
response at the latest using the element <a
href="">RespondBy">RespondBy</a>

If you mouse over the word "RespondBy", you will see:

The relative link simply begins with the name of the directory (documentation/) which is stored in the same directory as the specification, so we see:
Specification:
Directory:

--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-883-1783
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society - Document Process Analyst

--

/chet
----------------

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393
Good example of using relative links: is ebCore Agreement Update Specification Version 1.0.  (This was done with .ODT, but it's the same in MS-Word)

Look at the document:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebcore/ebcore-au/v1.0/csprd02/ebcore-au-v1.0-csprd02.html

Look at (for instance) Section 2.3.2
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebcore/ebcore-au/v1.0/csprd02/ebcore-au-v1.0-csprd02.html#__RefHeading__1794_531080926

Look at the seventh bullet item:

Text:
The initiator MAY express the date and time by which it expect a response at the latest using the element RespondBy.

Here is the HTML code:

The initiator MAY express the date and time by which it expect a
response at the latest using the element <a
href="documentation/au.html#RespondBy">RespondBy</a>

If you mouse over the word "RespondBy", you will see:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebcore/ebcore-au/v1.0/csprd02/documentation/au.html#RespondBy.