legalruleml message

Subject: RE: [legalruleml] Your Public Review for LegalRuleML Core Specification v1.0 has been announced

LegalRuleML,

Congratulations on achieving the first public review.  I have just 2 comments for you:

  1. The written specification, particularly Sections 4 and 5, are dense with jargon which make it difficult for most people to parse (it was quite challenging for me, at least).  While these sections are important to the specification, they are labeled as non-normative.  Are they truly non-normative?  If so, would they be better moved to an appendix so that the reader or OASIS member considering approval of the specification focuses their attention on the normative sections?
  2. In Section 6,1  the fragment of the Australian example includes a penalty of 2 years while the LegalRuleML example include a penalty of 2 months.

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532

From: Chet Ensign
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 6:28 PM
To: legalruleml

Members of the LegalRuleML TC,

Your 30 day public review for LegalRuleML Core Specification v1.0 has been announced. The review is currently set to end on March 14th. You can find the announcement at https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/first-public-review-for-legalruleml-core-specification-version-1-0-ends-march-14t.

The parties on your notification list were bcc'ed on the email announcement. Thank you for taking the time to consider who, outside of OASIS, would be interested and could offer feedback.

Given the size and complexity and importance of this work, I'd like to ask the TC if you would consider extending the length of the public review in order to give reviewers more time to go through it. Please let me know.

In addition to the announcement on the OASIS web page and the email announcement to the members, I tweeted the announcement and posted it on LinkedIn to the OASIS group, the LegalXML group, and the Legal Innovation group. Please feel free to retweet/like/comment/etc. any of these posts to spread the word more broadly.

Also, please keep in mind the OASIS requirements for handling comments [1]. Non-TC member feedback can only be submitted to the TC's comment list legalruleml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org. The TC must have someone subscribed to this mail list to monitor comments. All submitted comments must be acknowledged by the TC. In addition, the TC needs to maintain a log of comments received and their resolutions. The comment resolution log will need to be avaiable when you begin your next public review. A simple comment resolution log template is available in OpenDocument [2] and Office [3] format.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the review or next steps.

=== Additional references:
[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/handling-the-comments-received-during-a-public-review

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/sites/www.oasis-open.org/files/Simple-comment-resolution-log-template_0.ods

[3] https://www.oasis-open.org/sites/www.oasis-open.org/files/Simple-comment-resolution-log-template_0.xls