legalruleml message

Subject: Reconfirming the Charter and reappointing the chairs

Dear LegalRuleML TC members,

There are two issues that we draw to your attention.

1. According to Section 1.10 TC Vitality of the TC Process (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26/#tcVitality) we should reconfirm the Charter or ask for minor changes aimed at clarifying the current Charter. Guido and I (presidents) support the action to reconfirm the Charter.
We see no reason in the current charter to justify a major change.

We will propose the following motion at the LegalRuleML TC meeting scheduled for February 11: MOTION # 1 "I hope that the TC will continue its work according to the current statute."

If you have any objections, please enter this mailing list.

2. Every two years we must reappoint the chairs according to Sect. 1.4 Chairmen of the operational process of the OASIS commission (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-comm Committee-operations-process / # chair). For this reason we are opening a 7-day call for applications. Interested parties can send their application to this mailing list.

Guido and I express our willingness to continue in the role of chairs of LegalRuleML TC and this is an expression of our candidacy.

We will be voting on LegalRuleML chairs on February 18th during the regular TC meeting at 9.00 CET.

Best regards,
Monica Palmirani and Guido Governatori

Full professor of Legal Informatics
School of Law
Coordinator of MSCA-ITN EJD LAST-JD-RIoE
Scientific Director of Legal Blockchain Lab
Director of the Summer School LEX
Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna
C.I.R.S.F.I.D.http://www.cirsfid.unibo.it/ Palazzo Dal Monte Gaudenzi - Via Galliera, 3
I - 40121 BOLOGNA (ITALY)
Tel +39 051 277217
Fax +39 051 260782