legalxml-chairs message

Subject: RE: Second quarter report for OASIS

I have no objection to posting the quarterly reports as you request.  You will see that I have just completed the budget analysis that the Board requested, based on data that Cathy Mayo provided to me.  The results cause me considerable alarm.  I have asked Scott and Cathy to try to explain the precipitous drop in our revenues from last year – roughly $40,000 -- to this year – roughly $20,000.  Not surprisingly, that throws our long range financial plans out the window.

From: Patrick Gannon [mailto:patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 5:50 PM
To: john@greacen.net
Cc: legalxml-sc@lists.oasis-open.org; legalxml-chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

John,

Thank you for your submission of the LegalXML MS Q2 report. I do appreciate your ability to pull all of these TC reports together in such a timely manner.

I noticed that you also send this quarterly report to the LegalXML MS Steering Committee and LegalXML TC Chairs.  In order to be sure that all members of the Member Section (those that support the MS with their dues allocation) are also kept informed, it has been requested that the quarterly report be sent to all MS members.  The easiest way to accomplish that and to ensure that a compilation of quarterly reports is easily available, would be to simply upload the MS quarterly report to the LegalXML MS group.  MY suggestion is to create a document folder titled "Status Reports" (or something similar), and just upload each quarterly report. That way, each MS member will automatically receive a notice that the report has been uploaded.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-ms/documents.php

In our Board meeting, it was also requested that the Member Section quarterly reports contain a summary of the Member Section's budget with the YTD actual expenses by budgeted category.  Please let me know if you agree with this request or if we need to discuss this on a subsequent LegalXML MS SC call.

--

Patrick Gannon