legalxml-comment message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-comment] RE: LegalXML TCs?

People,

Just a note from Australia regarding our interest in the Contracts group.

The RACE Online proposal discussed late last year on the LegalXML Contracts
forum to fund a project to refine and demonstrate a DTD for classical
contracts in the defence procurement area was shortlisted for funding, but
did not receive a grant. We were informed that the granting body was
concerned that we had not been able to gain actual membership in the
consortium from Defence acquisition people.

We haven't given up the idea. Tenix is proceeding with its implementation of
SpeedLegal's SmartPrecedent and we are working to put better support of
Australia's leading IT products on the Government agenda.

All of us started the new year with big backlogs of work. In my own case I
am only now getting caught up enough to start thinking about the changes in
LegalXML. I and other members of our consortium are certainly interested in
remaining in touch with the global effort now that LegalXML has become a
part of the W3C, and hopefully, once our new strategy is in place we can
make some solid contributions.

Regards,

Bill Hall
Documentation Systems Analyst