legalxml-courtfiling-comment message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling-comment] FilingCompletionDate

Gary,

The definition I provided, “the date on which an entry in the docket or register of action in the court CMS was completed for a filing,” is the source definition in the data mapping spreadsheet “ECF-4.0-NIEM2-mapping.xls file” provided in the model directory of the core spec.  This was the definition provided by the SMEs in defining the requirements for ECF.  In the spreadsheet you can see that this is mapped to the NIEM 2.0 “DocumentEffectiveDate” element with the definition “the date information in a document takes effect”.

I believe DocumentEffectiveDate and DocumentReceivedDate should work as you described for the two dates you need.  However, if you are talking about the effective date of the entire filing and not a particular document, I would think you would use RecordDocketingMessage/nc:DocumentEffectiveDate.

Regarding the definitions, whenever we use a NIEM element we have decided that the NIEM definition is close enough and have agreed to use the NIEM definition.  Therefore, we cannot change the definition of DocumentEffectiveDate unless we want to define a new ECF extension element instead – I doubt that would be the decision of the TC.

However FilingCompletionDate is an ECF extension with the current definition of:

“the date on which the review filing process was completed by transmitting a proposed filing to the court record MDE for filing or by returning it to the filer as rejected”.

 I suggest that the TC consider your using your modified definition of:

the date and time on which the Court Record MDE filing process was completed following the acceptance by the Filing Review MDE” .

 If the new definition is accepted by the TCs, it is a simple matter to update the XSDs in the next maintenance release.

Finally, the definitions of elements do not change depending on the message.  However, we can always add language to the core specification to clarify the intent of a particular element if its usage in a particular message is not obvious.

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 640-4970 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.