legalxml-courtfiling-comment message

Subject: FW: LegalXML Electronic Court Filing 4.01 feedback - Machine Readable Policy

I’m resending as this email appears to be missing from the comment archives.

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 509-4532 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: Joe Mierwa [mailto:Joe.Mierwa@urlintegration.com]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 2:29 PM
To: legalxml-courtfiling-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: James E Cabral

Hello,

I have been parsing through the ECF 4.0.1 for the purposes of developing a compliancy matrix with which to measure our developments compliance to the ECF.

I have come across a peculiarity in section 2.4.2, “Machine Readable Court Policy”. While the development time items are explicitly listed, there is no mention of requirement (MUST, SHOULD, MAY, etc.) for either the machine readable policy or any of its contents as is listed for the human readable policy.

In addition, because of the following two statements,

“The court MUST have only one active, authoritative version of its policies at a given time; both the human-readable and the machine-readable statements of those policies MUST have the same release dates for the court.”

“To be compliant with the ECF 4.0 specification, each court MUST publish a human-readable court policy that MUST include each of the following:”

Parsing these statements out, and reviewing the MDE Operations, the initial implication is that the Machine Readable Policy is implied to be optional unless the Filing Review MDE is being implemented and the Filing Assembly MDE’s use of the GetCourtPolicy is defined as being optional.

It would be helpful if this section was more explicit. In addition, I would recommend that the listed items is mentioned as partial with the normative set of data items defined in the schema of the CourtPolicyResponseMessage.

Best Regards

Joe Mierwa

CTO
URL Integration, Inc.