legalxml-courtfiling-policy message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling-policy] Court Policy Requirements for F inalReview

Title: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling-policy] Court Policy Requirements for Final Review

Hello, Don, et al.,

The attached provides some mostly editorial feedback that I hope will help make some of the statements more easily understood. There is one area where I suggested a new requirement:

* PRA00036 - Describe the court's policies on accepting documents containing macros, controls (e.g., ActiveX), locks, and the like.

I inserted it at this point only because there was a blank there from eliminating a duplicated requirement in an earlier version. Perhaps the concerns raised here are covered elsewhere, but I'm not sure. In our system design for accepting PDF format documents in e-filings, we had said we wouldn't allow upload of word processed documents that contain macros, any file with Active X controls, and any PDF that was locked. (Don't ask me for the technical reasons or arguments for this -- I'm just passing along that there were constraints relating to these things.) I leave it to you and others to help decide whether this is covered by another of the requirements statements.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters
Electronic Court Records Manager
King County
Department of Judicial Administration
516 Third Avenue, E-609 MS: KCC-JA-0609
Seattle, Washington 98104
V: (206) 296-7838 F: (206) 296-0906
roger.winters@metrokc.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Bergeron, Donald L. (LNG-DAY) [mailto:Donald.Bergeron@lexisnexis.com]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 6:11 AM
To: Court Filing List; 'legalxml-courtfiling-policy@lists.oasis-open.org'
Cc: Bergeron, Donald L. (LNG-DAY)

 <<CourtPolicy20021014.doc>>
Today we will begin a 7 day feedback and voting period on this requirements
document.

This document has been posted three times for comment. I have integrated the
comments and believe this document to be correct.

The discussion will take place on the
legalxml-courtfiling-policy@lists.oasis-open.org list. If you intend to
track the discussion, please sign up for this list.

On Friday 8:00am EDST, if no comments are received that require rework I
will call for any final objections to both the Court Filing and Court Filing
Policy lists. The voting period will be from 8:00am EDST on Friday, October
18, 2002 through 5:00pm EDST on Monday October 21, 2002. If there are no
objections this document shall go under formal change control.

Thank you for your input and involvement.

Regards,

Don Bergeron