legalxml-courtfiling-policy message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] RE: [legalxml-courtfiling-policy] Sdurham-RE: Final Call - Cour t Filing Policy Requirements

thanks John... . if you could send me the name of the contact would appreciate it.... as i have frequent meetings with AOUSC personnel on this topic ... but the organization is large and not sure i am in direct contact with your source.

From my AOUSC contacts i too have been told that PDF is the U.S. Court Standard and that will not change anytime soon... so your finding about XML use by AOUSC, though minimal in scope, is of great interest to me as our project engages them in electronic case filing discussions.

from your final comment assume you are verifying for me that there are only currently 3 state court initiatives that apply LegalXML in part or entirely .. as i described in my message... no more and no less...
the purpose of my inquiry is to make sure that all TC members (passive or active) as well as members of the who have an interest the Court Filing specification status share a common understanding as we move forward with testing specification and development of version 2.0.

thanks again diane

-----Original Message-----
From: John Messing [mailto:jmessing@law-on-line.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 1:46 PM
To: Lewis, Diane; 'John Messing'; 'Dallas Powell';
'Tom.Clarke(a)courts.wa.gov'; 'Shane.Durham(a)lexisnexis.com';
/DDV=legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org/DDT=RFC-822/O=INETGW/P=GO
V+DOJ/A=TELEMAIL/C=US/;
/DDV=legalxml-courtfiling-policy@lists.oasis-open.org/DDT=RFC-822/O=INET
GW/P=GOV+DOJ/A=TELEMAIL/C=US/
Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] RE: [legalxml-courtfiling-policy]
Sdurham -RE: Final Call - Cour t Filing Policy Requirements

>I was told yesterday in a meeting with Administrative Office of U.S. Court technical representatives that there are no State court or Federal court implementations of LegalXML specifications.  Yet John Messing... notes below that there are?

The US AOC does not have any implementations of LegalXML. There is preliminary work being done however on creating some metadata formatted as XML in the federal system, which otherwise relies heavily on PDF. There is no present intent to my knowledge to use any of the LegalXML CourtFiling standards. I can provide you contact information if you need further clarification.

The State Court implementations of LegalXML, such as there are, I think are known to the TC already.