Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Tentative agenda for Las Vegas meeting

Colleagues – Here is a tentative agenda for our Las Vegas face to face meeting. Please review the list and let me know of any items that I have overlooked.  As usual, we will have a very full two days of meetings.

It is not yet clear whether we will have a meeting of the CMS-API/Q&R/CDC subcommittee on the afternoon of December 11thDwight Daniels will post a notice to the list with a definite answer.

The Technical Committee will meet on December 12-13, 2002 in Las Vegas, NV at the Clark County Organizational Development Center, 500 South Grand Central Parkway.  This county building is some distance from the strip; plan on having a car or getting a ride with another TC member.

The meeting on Thursday will begin at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm.  The meeting on Friday will begin at 9:30 am and end no later than 4:00 pm.  (This is a change from our usual Friday start time occasioned by the unavailability of the meeting room earlier on Friday.)

We will have conference calls on both days of the meeting to involve TC members who cannot attend the meeting.  The Thursday call will be at 6:00 pm EST and the Friday call will be at 3:00 pm EST.  Please calibrate the time to your time zone.  Here are the details for the conference calls:

Thursday conference call

Leader's Name: John Greacen

Leader's Phone Number: (505)780-1450

Day/Date: Thursday, December 12, 2002

Time of call: 16:00 hrs MDT

Conference Dial-in: 512-225-3050

Conference Guest Code: 84759#

Friday conference call

Day/Date: Friday, December 13, 2002

Time of call: 13:00 hrs MDT

Conference Dial-in: 512-225-3050

Conference Guest Code: 84759#

Agenda

The highest priority items – from my perspective -- are four – a proposal from Dallas Powell on an alternative approach for handling areas in which there are competing private sector solutions; how we will move forward with Electronic Filing 2.0; the future direction for CMS-API, CDC, and Court Filing Policy; and Don Bergeron’s progress on a more fully defined architecture.

1.  Report on Joint Technology Committee action on Query & Response and Court Document 1.1 and on the Standards for Electronic Filing Processes (Business and Technical Approaches)

2.  Status reports on

      California project - Christopher Smith

      Justice XML Object Oriented Data Dictionary Schema - Robin Gibson/Greg Arnold

      Architecture definition - Don Bergeron

      Orders of Protection prototype (using Court Document 1.1) statement of

work - Laurence Leff

      List of “roles” – Rolly Chambers

      ABA electronic filing committee – John Messing

      CMS-API/Q&R/CDC subcommittee – Dwight Daniels

      Certification subcommittee – Tom Clarke

      OXCI – Greg Arnold and Tom Clarke

      OASIS templates – Roger Winters

      Liaisons – Dr. Leff, Diane Lewis, Toby Brown

3.  Proposal from Dallas Powell to leave some areas in our specifications unspecified, with alternative approaches identified – some of which may be privately owned solutions (to be resolved on Thursday and reviewed during the Thursday conference call)

4.  Parallel proposal from Dallas Powell for the TC to receive intellectual property disclosures from members under full disclosure of protected IP and with the understanding that the protected IP would not be included in a TC specification. (to be resolved on Thursday and reviewed during the Thursday conference call)

5.  Final review of interoperability requirements for Court Filing 1.1 – Dallas has posted a revised approach based on the resolution reached during the November conference call

6.  Proposed versioning rules – Roger Winters

7.  Future work on Court Filing Policy and CMS-API

8.  How we will proceed to define the requirements for Court Filing 2.0

9.  Presentation from Dallas Powell on Tybera security model (This is a Friday agenda item, dependent upon the resolution of items 3 and 4 on Thursday)

10.  Participation in Joint Technical Committee on Security, in new

Digital Signature Services Technical Committee, in new PKI TC, and in new E-government TC.

11.  Designation of our products -- Court Filing 1.1, Court Document 1.1,

and Query & Response as OASIS Committee Specifications?

12.  Future meeting dates - December 11 (CMS-API-Q&R-CDC), 12, and 13

in Las Vegas.

13.  Adjournment

HCR 78, Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046