Subject: FW: ECF 1.1 spec testing status report from King County, Washington

Title: FW: ECF 1.1 spec testing status report from King County, Washington

All:

Here is the report that was posted to the list last September, I believe by John Greacen after I sent it to him in the message below. I believe it was also distributed and possibly discussed at the face-to-face meeting in Boston last October, which I did not attend.

It should be noted that we found similar issues to those experienced by Tybera (based on the document posted by Dallas and discussed in Atlanta) regarding wanting to include both document title and the user's file name in the envelope (issue described in one of the bullets below).  Our vendor used a similar method to Tybera, using the documentTitle element for filename.  But, we had wanted to include both in the filing receipt, and that issue was never resolved before our project was put on hold.  So, this is clearly something that needs to be addressed in "blue."

Thanks,

Catherine Krause
E-Filing Project Manager
King County Department of Judicial Administration
(206)296-7860
catherine.krause@metrokc.gov

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Krause, Catherine
Sent:   Friday, September 27, 2002 1:06 PM
To:     John Greacen (john@greacen.net)
Cc:     Krause, Catherine; Winters, Roger

John:

Per my prior message, King County's electronic filing pilot project has had some significant delays due to issues unrelated to Court Filing 1.1.  We are currently working with our vendor to ensure that our business requirements will be met, and are working on a detailed schedule of remaining tasks.  We do know that our pilot will be delayed until 2003.

We had started our acceptance testing for the e-filing pilot system when significant issues were found that resulted in the delays I mentioned.  This is what we have found to this point in the project regarding Court Filing 1.1:

- Our pilot project is intentionally limited in scope:

We hope that our report can provide two things for the TC:  1) Clarifying how to use 1.1 (to show, for example, how to treat a document title) and 2) Providing experience from which some of the requirements for 2.0 can be drawn.

As I mentioned, I am unable to attend the Boston face-to-face meeting.  Roger Winters will be attending the phone portion of the meeting.  If you would like to share this brief report with the TC in Boston as part of proposed agenda item 8, you are welcome to do so.  We still are likely to make some changes in the specific data elements in the envelope that we use, and our tests thus far have been generally successful but it would be premature to state that we have yet drawn any final conclusions.  We had hoped to have more detailed results for the TC, but unfortunately a formal result of our experience implementing Court Filing 1.1 won't be available until some time in 2003.

I would be happy to respond to any questions from TC members as a result of the discussion in Boston via the list after I return from vacation.

Sincerely,

Catherine Krause
E-Filing Project Manager
King County Department of Judicial Administration
(206)296-7860
catherine.krause@metrokc.gov

And

Roger Winters