Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Revised list of comments

I can't get through on the conference number (512 225-3050).  It just rings and rings...

From: Shane.Durham@lexisnexis.com [mailto:Shane.Durham@lexisnexis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:59 AM
To: john@greacen.net
Cc: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

John, and members,

We cannot work our way through 70 comments during today's meeting.
For example, a few of Rex's comments would require more discussion than we have time for.

I suggest, instead, that we try to get agreement on a few overall issues:

(1) I do not think this work-product is not yet as good as it should be...
I feel, at this point, we are still at the beginning of our discussions - not anywhere near the end.
I feel that this document can be made MUCH better and DESERVES much stronger buy-in from our members.
More time and more iterations are in order.

Since I do not fully understand the implications of moving forward with an immature work-product, I can only look to you for advice in this area.

Perhaps, there will remain plenty of time for further discussions and revisions as we move on.
If so, then, ok.  Let's move on - and let the discussion continue.

If not - if the version we choose to move forward with needs to initially be 'very good', then:
I don't think we are there yet.
Is there anyway we can buy more time to work on it?  (even if we must select another person to 'drive' the process harder).

(2) If we are to immediately move-forward with this version of the work-product (plus/minus minor revisions) them, I suggest that we should get rid of the sections that are the least solid or comfortable to our members.

To me, that would be the sections describing 'MDE' interaction...
...that section is, more-or-less, akin to a technical specification, and needs more development before we release it.
The MDE section has lots of functional stuff in it too - which should be pulled out and incorporated into the Use Case section.

Also, the sections regarding eService (which is almost exclusively described in the MDE sections) are not ready.
Though the last round of discussions were full of detail and were very productive, overall, there has been very little discussion about this very critical process.
It's simply not ready yet.

- Shane Durham
LexisNexis FileAndServe