Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Revised Tuesday conference call agenda

Title: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Revised Tuesday conference call agenda

Attached is a text file showing the case type classification structure used in NCSC case statistic reporting. I pulled the list from the 2003 report, but had to do a bunch of cutting and pasting as well as manual entry. I'll ask our Research staff to review my work to make sure it's accurate. But I wanted to get this out before the call today.

-----Original Message-----
From: John M. Greacen [mailto:john@greacen.net]
Sent: Mon 5/16/2005 7:43 PM
To: Electronic Court Filing Technical Committeee

Eric will not get the message types out until tomorrow - too late, Tom Clarke and I believe, for a meaningful discussion.  Tom and I are establishing a deadline of Friday noon EST for posting comments on the message types to the list.  We will follow the same process we used for the requirements, with Jim Cabral playing the role of moderator.  A subcommittee of Jim, Tom, Eric and I will triage the comments and prepare a final list for resolution on the list on next Tuesday.

The agenda for the call tomorrow will be revised as follows:

Issues concerning decisions reflected in the minutes from the New Orleans face to face

            SOAP message structure and other issues - Scott Came

GJXDM extensions - Jim Cabral, Scott Came and Tom Carlson

Reports on special assignments

*       James Cusick - development of an approach to globally unique addresses and document numbers
*       Jim Cabral, Dallas Powell, and Jim Harris - documents, attachments, suggestions for courts on how to docket documents and attachments that come in several pieces, and metadata describing documents and attachments.
*       Roger Winters and Rex McElrath - confirming that the UBL payment structure meets all of the courts' needs
*       John Greacen - collecting and normalizing all data required for initiating a new case, for all case types
*       Don Bergeron - harvesting all of the requirements for Court Policy from the message types when they are approved
*       Tom Carlson - recommending a way to handle case categories, sub categories and types based on the NCSC statistical dictionary nomenclature
*       Eric Tingom - review GJXDM handling of case participants and courts and suggest needed extensions
*       John Ruegg - figure out how to deal with directories/registries

I look forward to talking with you all tomorrow.  Here are the details for the call, so that you have all the information in one message.

Leader's Name: John Greacen

        Day/Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2005

        Time of call: 1:00 to 2:00 pm Eastern time

        Conference Dial-in: 512-225-3050

        Conference Guest Code: 84759#

        Number of lines needed: Anticipated Total = 40

        Duration of the call: 1 Hour

        Leader's Phone Number: 505-780-1450

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)

505-780-1450 (cell)

john@greacen.net

Case Types

Civil
	Tort
		Automobile Tort
		Intentional Tort
		Malpractice
			Malpractice - Medical
			Malpractice - Legal
			Malpractice - Other Professional
			Premises Liability
		Product Liability
			Product Liability - Asbestos
			Product Liability - Tobacco
			Product Liability - Toxic/Other
		Slander/Libel/Defamation
		Other Tort
	Contract
		Buyer Plaintiff
		Employment Dispute
			Employment Dispute - Discrimination
			Employment Dispute - Other
		Fraud
		Landlord/Tenant Dispute
			Landlord/Tenant Dispute - Unlawful Detainer
			Landlord/Tenant Dispute - Other
		Mortgage Forclosure
		Seller Plaintiff (Debt Collection)
		Other Contract
	Real Property
		Eminent Domain
		Other Real Property
	Small Claims
	Probate/Estate
		Guardianship - Adult
		Guardianship - Juvenile
		Conservator/Trusteeship
		Probate/Wills/Intestate
		Elder Abuse
		Other Probate/Estate
	Mental Health
	Civil Appeals
		Administrative Agency
		Limited Jurisdiction Trial Court Ruling
		Other Civil Appeals
	Miscellaneous Civil
		Habeas Corpus
		Non-Domestic Relations Restraining Order
		Tax
		Writ Involving Prison Conditions
		Other Writs
	Other Civil

Domestic Relations
	Marriage Dissolution/Divorce
	Paternity
	Custody (non-divorce)
	Support (non-divorce)
		IV-D - Intrastate
		IV-D - UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act)
		IV-D - Other
		Other Support (non-divorce)
	Visitation (non-divorce)
	Adoption
	Civil Protection Order/Retraining Order
	Other Domestic Relations
	Custody (divorce)
	Support (divorce)
		IV-D - Intrastate
		IV-D - UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act)
		IV-D - Other
		Private (non-IV-D) (should this be under Support (non-divorce)?)
		Other Support (divorce)
	Visitation (divorce)

Criminal
	Felony
		Person
		Domestic Violence
		Property
		Drug
		Weapon
		Public Order
		Motor Vehicle - DWI/DUI
		Motor Vehicle - Reckless Driving
		Motor Vehicle - Other
		Other Felony
	Misdemeanor
		Person
		Domestic Violence
		Property
		Drug
		Weapon
		Public Order
		Motor Vehicle - DWI/DUI
		Motor Vehicle - Reckless Driving
		Motor Vehicle - Other
		Protection Order Violation
		Other Misdemeanor
	Appeals from Limited Jurisdiction Courts
	Other Criminal

Juvenile (Petitioned)
	Delinquency
		Drug
		Person
		Property
		Public Order
		Other Delinquency
	Dependency/Child Victim
		Abuse
		Neglect
		Dependent (no fault)
		Petition for Termination of Parental Rights
		Other Dependency/Child Victim
	Status Offense/Petition
	Other Juvenile

Traffic, Parking, and Local Ordinance
	Non-Criminal Traffic Violation (Infraction)
	Parking Violation
	Ordinance Violation
	Other Traffic, Parking, and Local Ordinance
	Violations Cases Transferred to Administrative Agencies

Appeal
	Criminal Appeal
		Felony Criminal Appeal
			Homicide Appeal
			Other Crimes Against the Person Appeal
			Burglary, Theft, and Other Crimes Against Property Appeal
			Drug Appeal
			All Other Felony Appeal
		Other Criminal Appeal
			Other Criminal - Misdemeanor Appeal
			Other Criminal - Interlocutory Appeal
			All Other Criminal Appeal
	Civil Appeal
		General Civil Appeal
			Tort Appeal
			Contract Appeal
			Real Property Appeal
			Combination of Tort, Contract, or Property
			Landlord Tenant and Eviction Appeal
			Small Claims Appeal
			Other Civil Appeal
		Domestic Relations (or Family Law) Appeal
			Divorce Appeal
			Child Support Appeal
			Child Custody or Visitation Appeal
			Dependency or Deliqency Appeal
			Other Domestic Relations Appeal
		Administrative Agency Appeal
			Workers' Compensation Appeal
			Unemployment Compensation (or Economic Security) Appeal
			Licensing Appeal
			Revenue Appeal
			Utility (or Public Service) Appeal
			Other Adminstrative Agency Appeal
	Petition for Review
		Criminal Petition for Review
			Felony Criminal Petition for Review
				Homicide Petition for Review
				Other Crimes Against the Person Petition for Review
				Burglary, Theft, and Other Crimes Against Property Petition for Review
				Drug Appeal
				Other Felony Petition for Review
			Other Criminal Petition for Review
				Misdemeanor Petition for Review
				Interlocutory Petition
				All Other Criminal Petition for Review
		Civil Petition for Review
			General Civil Petition for Review
				Tort Petition for Review
				Contract Petition for Review
				Real Property Petition for Review
				Combination of Tort, Contract, or Property Petition for Review
				Landlord Tenant and Eviction Petition for Review
				Small Claims Petition for Review
				Other Civil Petition for Review
		Domestic Relations(or Family Law) Petition for Review
			Divorce Petition for Review
			Child Support Petition for Review
			Child Custody or Visitation Petition for Review
			Dependency of Delinquency Petition for Review
			Other Domestic Relations Petition for Review
		Administrative Agency Petition for Review
			Workers' Compensation Petition for Review
			Unemployment Compensation (or Economic Security) Petition for Review
			Licensing Petition for Review
			Revenue Petition for Review
			Utility (or Public Service) Petition for Review
			Other Administrative Agency Petition for Review
	Death Penalty
		Death Penalty Direct Appeal
			Initial Direct Appeal
			Appeal after a Retrial