Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] IP issues involved in the Entity Seal and in other referenced standards

This is an extremely well presented set of options. My compliments to
the chair.

I prefer a combination of 1, 4 and 5.

1, when we are not sure about the IP status,  4 when we are, and 5, but
only if we can get it, believe we can, or someone else already has
secured it for the larger community.

I also raise the question whether there is a difference when we refer to
a standard, like the DSS Entity Seal, or actually build upon a standard,
like ebXML or SOAP. If we refer to it, and we are not incorporating it,
it strikes me that our concerns should be lessened.

As for 5, I have heard but never researched, that SOAP is a standard
whose IP is licensed as though it is RF.