Subject: NIEM - National Information Exchange Model

Howdy Folks,

	I wasn't able to attend the GJXDM Conference in February, and happened
to recently run into information about the National Information
Exchange Model (www.niem.gov).  NIEM is intended to be a 'National
extension of the Global JXDM" (I found it a little odd that there was a
national extension of a global concept, but hey..).  Anyway, I was
curious as to what the members of this list think about NIEM.  Does it
effect the work we are doing now?  If so how?  Will NIEM oversee future
changes to GJXDM?  Should we be working with NIEM members, or should
they be listening to what we are doing?  Maybe this is already going on
and I am simply unaware of it?  I was surprised that I hadn't seen this
topic mentioned on the list yet.

	Any comments or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Jim Beard