Subject: Schedule and deadlines for ECF 3.0

We are in the final weeks of completion of the ECF 3.0 standard for delivery to the Joint Technology Committee Standards Subcommittee.

We have lost the services of Eric Tingom.  Due to personal matters, he will not be available for the next 60 days.  Scott Came has taken a full-time job with state government in Washington; while he wishes to continue participating actively in the completion of ECF 3.0, he will not have enough time available to pick up all of the remaining drafting work.  MTG has agreed to pick up the consultant role to see us through the final completion of the standard, provided that MTG and OASIS are able to agree on the terms of a consulting contract.  As a result of this situation, we have extended our deadline to the end of October.

At the TC meeting on Saturday, we agreed to the following process for completing our work.  We are setting a series of deadlines for comments on the existing artifacts.  Failure to make a comment or to state an objection during the comment period constitutes your agreement that you can live with the particular artifact as is.  We will use the familiar process of having a small committee review all comments and post its response to the list, holding a TC conference call to discuss comments that the committee is not willing to incorporate.  Significant changes will be reposted for comment, to the extent that we have time for that process.

We have identified the need for the following additional work – completion of definitions of elements in the domain model (Terrie Bousquin and I will take the lead on this); revised mapping of the case query domain model (MTG, Shane Durham, Jim Harris, and I will do this); preparation of the sneakernet profile (MTG will draft this); revision of  the specification to remove the domain models and element lists which are duplicative of the domain model and GJXDM mapping spreadsheet and to more clearly define the scope of ECF 3.0, consolidate the business rules, and expand the discussion of the extension mechanism  (MTG will be responsible); revision of the draft IEPD (MTG will take responsibility); and preparation of an “executive summary/tourist guide” explaining the specification in lay terms (Roger Winters and Terrie Bousquin have volunteered for this task).  The MTG assignments in this list are contingent upon negotiation of a contract with OASIS.

The deadlines will be as follows:

September 25th – domain models, GJXDM element mappings, and schemas (including case query and definitions if they are posted by the end of the coming week)

October 2d – web services messaging profile and WSDLs

October 9th – specification, IEPD, sneakernet profile, and executive summary

This schedule will leave time for final revisions and a final edit of all the artifacts before the delivery date.

We are committed to producing a complete and high quality product by the end of October and will need the active involvement of all TC members to accomplish this.

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)