Subject: Wording of KAVI ballots

A voting member has expressed concern that the KAVI ballots refer to specific revisions of the ECF 3.0 specifications and profiles and that we have progressed beyond those revisions in at least one instance – the Web Services Messaging Profile is now at revision four rather than revision two as stated in the ballot detail.

I believe that it will be confusing to delete and reissue ballots at this point.  Quite a few members have already recorded their votes.

Please understand that voting members are voting on the latest revision of a particular document as of November 15th.  I do not believe that this creates a problem because the changes that have been made are minor and do not change the documents in significant ways.

That is not true of the Summary and Introduction; the changes to that document are major.  That is why I created a new ballot for that document.  I expect the new Executive Summary document to be posted to the list today.

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)