Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Conf Calls and Agenda for February 22-23 face to face meeting

John,

Maricopa County is not accepting non-case documents electronically.  At
this point it is not even on the radar.  The focus right now is to
expand e-filing in Civil and Criminal (some electronic filing is
happening in both case types today) then expand to Probate and Family
Court.

Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding this topic.

Dave Goodwin

-----Original Message-----
From: John Messing [mailto:jmessing@law-on-line.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:26 AM
To: john@greacen.net
Cc: 'Dallas Powell'; Electronic Court Filing Technical Committeee
Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Conf Calls and Agenda for February
22-23 face to face meeting

Please see report by John Messing on Assignments, attached. Best
regards.

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
>  Please note that the meeting will begin at 10:00 am rather than our
usual 9:00 am start on Wednesday, February 22.  The co-chairs will be
meeting with CITOC at 9:00 am at the AOC across the street from the
Superior Court.   Conference telephone calls will be held with all TC
members at 7:00 pm Eastern (4:00 pm Pacific) on February 22nd and at
6:00 pm Eastern (3:00 pm Pacific) on February 23rd.  The call in
information is    Date and time                Wednesday, February 22,
2006 at 4:00 pm Pacific (7:00 pm Eastern) Call in number
1-641-297-5800 Access code                 2892164   Date and time
Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 3:00 pm Pacific (6:00 pm Eastern) Call in
number               1-641-297-5800 Access code                 2892164
Persons with items on the agenda who will not able to attend the meeting
" Please provide a report by email to the list by Monday, February 21st.
Thank you.   Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee!
  Face to Face Meeting February 22-23, 2006   San Francisco Superior
Court 400 McAllister Room 617 San Francisco, CA 94127   The meeting on
Wednesday will commence at 10:00 am and end at 5:00 pm.  The meeting on
Thursday will commence at 8:00 am and end at 4:00 pm.   Tentative Agenda
Special order of business " Meeting with CITOC members to discuss ECF
3.0 implementation and increased court participation in the ECFTC --
1:00 pm Thursday in the San Diego Room of the Milton Marks Conference
Center (lower level off the main lobby) at the CA Administrative Office
of the Courts, 455 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco   Report on meeting
with CITOC and plans for Thursday afternoon session with CITOC members "
John Greacen   Report from the Court Document Subcommittee " Rex
McElrath   Report on the Global Messaging Standards Committee effort "
Tom Clarke, Jim Cabral, or Scott Came   Status of ECF 3.0 implementation
efforts One Legal eFiling.com  US CourtForms Tybera CourtLink Mari!
 copa County Superior Court Los Angeles County  Georgia   Technical ass
istance to implementers             Offers of volunteer help from Scott
Came and Roger Winters             Request for funded TA from the
LegalXML Member Section Steering Committee   Definitions spreadsheet and
reconciliation with NCSC IEPDs " Tom Carlson ECF 3.0 summary for judges
and administrators " Roger Winters   ECF 3.0 roadmap for non-technical
domain experts " Terrie Bousquin  Formal mechanism for the TC to receive
feedback from reviewers and implementers of ECF 3.0 " Robin Gibson
Configuration management " Don Bergeron Separately post all schemas and
other artifacts " Jim Cabral Assignments to scope out requirements for
enhancing ECF 3.0   n       appellate case filings " John Greacen, Rex
McElrath, and John Messing --contact has been made with Moyeddin
Abdulaziz of the Arizona Court of Appeals, the Clerk of the Georgia
Supreme Court, and US AOC.  John Messing will contact Gary Graham of the
Arizona Supreme Court, a former active member of the TC.   n       lower
co!
 urt appeals, civil traffic, parking, and local ordinance violations "
Terrie Bousquin --she will look into how many elements are needed    n
administrative tribunals " John Messing   -- John is exploring what
industrial commissions in the various states have been doing in the area
of electronic filing.  He will approach the Administrative Law Section
of the ABA if this avenue does not bear fruit.   n       deeds,
mortgages, liens and other real property instruments and security
instruments and liens on personal property " Jeff Barlow, David Goodwin,
John Messing, and Roger Winters   n       John Messing is an active
participant in the work of two organizations with sophisticated XML
standards for mortgages and land titles "  PRIA and MISMO.  They have
recently released new versions of their XML specifications.  John is
exploring what sort of functionality they want with court electronic
filing processes.  It appears that they are more interested in
interoperability th!
 an in asking us to incorporate additional functionality in ECF 3.0 to
duplicate what they are already doing.    n       other non-case related
documents (such as marriage licenses, wills, notary applications, bond
authority and bond limits in trial courts and bar admissions, bar
discipline, rulemaking and other activities in courts of last resort) --
Jeff Barlow, David Goodwin, John Messing, and Roger Winters -- John
Messing will inquire of David Goodwin whether Maricopa County is
accepting non-case documents electronically.  Roger reported that King
County is not.   n       primary service " James Cusick, Brian Hickman,
and John Messing    Attraction of more court IT and domain experts to
participate in the TCs work   Additional items of concern to the
membership   Next face to face meetings             Thursday, May 11
(afternoon) and Friday, May 12 " California AOC, San Francisco
Thursday and Friday, September 21 and 22 " New York City Thursday and
Friday, December 14 and 15 " Las Vegas (tentative " if E-Courts
Conference ends !
 at noon on Dec 13, the meeting will be on the afternoon of Wednesday,
December 13 and all day Thursday, December 14)   John M. Greacen Greacen
Associates, LLC HCR 78 Box 23 Regina, New Mexico 87046 505-289-2164
505-289-2163 (fax) 505-780-1450 (cell) john@greacen.net