Subject: Bergeron Action Item - LexisNexis File & Serve(aka CourtLink) & ECF3.0 - Agenda for February 22-23 face to face meeting

Good day,

I have had some initial discussions with LexisNexis File & Serve.

They are doing some experimentation with ECF 3.0. The experimentation relates to an electronic filing interface to be implemented for a limited set of high volume law firms and will not be visible to most customers. LexisNexis fully recognizes that ECF 3.0 is a vast improvement over 1.1.  We need to fully understand it in a limited implementation arena before making an informed choice of our broader use of it.

LexisNexis File & Serve is ready to discuss with a court the use of the ECF 3.0 specification to implement the requirements of the court. Engaging with a court in the implementation will be a business decision. As you are aware, LexisNexis File & Serve does not view itself as a custom implementer, nor as a systems integrator. Their primary focus is attorney facing - their revenue is generated by attorney-to-court and attorney-to-attorney transactions.

LexisNexis File & Serve is strongly interested in any integration projects where there is a foreseeable opportunity for large-scale filing activity, even though any given project might start very modestly.  Where such an opportunity exists, we would encourage any court or system integrator in partnership with a court to contact us.

In the meantime, LexisNexis will continue our experimentation with ECF 3.0 and will provide feedback to this valuable effort.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer