Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Roger Winters' departure from our ranks

The very, very best to Roger, the epitome of that phrase, "a scholar and
a gentleman".

-----Original Message-----
From: John M. Greacen [mailto:john@greacen.net]
Sent: April 28, 2008 7:01 PM
To: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

Please read the email below from Roger Winters.

Roger has been one of the TC members of longest standing.  We will miss
his contributions and him personally.  The way that we can best honor
Roger in the future will be to continue to pay attention to his most
constant issue and concern - one that is reflected eloquently once again
in this farewell email - that our documents need to be accessible and
understandable to court lay people.

I ask Robin Gibson to initiate a nomination and election process to
select a successor to Roger as our TC's representative on the LegalXML
Member Section Steering Committee.  I originally used "replace" in the
previous sentence but realized its inappropriateness; no one will every
replace Roger Winters.