Subject: RFP assistance needed--brief survey

As most of you know, Missouri is in the middle of developing an RFP for
electronic filing.  Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprising, one of the
contentious issues among staff is file size.  If you could take a minute to
review these questions and answer any that you can, I'd really appreciate
it.  Please let me know if any of these are confusing.  Also, I would be
glad for any of the vendors to reply.  Thanks!

1. Do you have a file size limit within your court data/document management
system for storing e-filed documents?
If so, what is the largest  individual document you will store?

2. Do you have a file transfer size limit between your court data/document
management system and your electronic filing service provider?
If so, what is the largest file you will transmit or accept?
What do you do about files larger than that limit?

3. What is the average document size for your electronically filed
documents (MB or KB)?
If you know it, what is the average number of pages per electronically
filed document?

4. Does your electronic filing service provider accept bulk/mass filings?
Are they transmitted to the court as individual filings or does the court
disassemble them into individual filings?
If they are transmitted to the court in bulk, what is the filing size limit
(KB or MB)?
Is there a limit to the number of cases in the bulk filing?

5. Does your electronic filing service provider (non-court) retain copies
of the documents filed electronically?

Robin

Robin Gibson
Information Technology Division