Subject: RE: A couple problems with the WSDL

Eric,

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll look into it later today and get back to you tomorrow since we’re getting ready to vote on this.  I think that the parts of the WSDL that are causing you problems may be non-normative but I’ll need to confirm this.

Jim Cabral

James E. Cabral Jr.
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
(206) 442-5010
www.mtgmc.com

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: erice@ontko.com [mailto:erice@ontko.com] On Behalf Of Eric Dimick Eastman
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:53 AM
To: Cabral, James E.
Subject: A couple problems with the WSDL

Jim,

I still can't send to the list.  I'm working on it, but it is not my top priority.

I'm creating a "spike" implementation of 4.0, meaning a quick pass through some portion meant for education and to be thrown away.

Here is what I've found so far:
1) There are three places where there are more than one <soap:body> tag.  This is not allowed.  See attached file.  I just commented out one of them.  I haven't checked to see what the real remedy should be.
2) There are no faults defined in the WSDL.  I believe that most messages should have a fault.  Would you consider an implementation to be ECF/WSSIP compliant that implemented faults?
3) There is just one bug WSDL.  We will be implementing the various MDE's somewhat separately.

I will be happy to share the changes I make to the core files to get the spike working.

I will also be implementing 2 different SIPs that I hope to be able to formalize and submit (but not likely before the end of this year).  One is a "Polling webservices SIP" so that some MDE's do not have to maintain and open up networks to support a listener.  The other is a MQ-based messaging SIP.

Let me know specific ways I can be useful although the current month is crazy busy.

Hope all is well with you.
Eric

Eric Eastman
erice@doxpop.com
http://www.doxpop.com
765.965.7363 x104
765.962.9788 (Fax)
Doxpop - Public Records at Your Fingertips.