Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] March 10 ECF Conference Call

It was suggested during this month's conf call that as part of our
Outreach work that we conduct a survey of sorts to see who's doing what
in efiling, and I said I'd look after enquiring in Canada.

I was wondering if we were considering having a set group of questions,
like a prepared questionnaire, that we would all use in our enquiries,
so that we gather the information on a consistent basis ...

A few quick examples that come to mind of set questions could be:
- Are you currently e-filing in your court(s)?
- If not, are there plans to do so and what would the time frame for
that be?
- Are you following any one of the OASIS LegalXML Electronic Court
Filing specifications, and if so, which version?
- Is electronic service of documents offered as part of your efiling
program?
- Are self-represented litigants entitled to efile?
- Are there separate efiling transaction fees paid by efilers in your
court?
- Is the Electronic Filing Manager (EFM) hosted by a vendor outside of
the court, is it hosted inside the court by a vendor, or is owned and
maintained by court staff themselves?
- If your court's efiling business model is not a court-owned solution,
but rather a service provider model, is it a multi-EFSP environment?

Any thoughts from anyone on the idea of our all asking the same base
questions?