Subject: Fwd: [legalxml-sc] Decision from the OASIS Board of Directors

ECF TC Members ... see below message from the Oasis Exec. Director to the Legal XML SC. Since ECT is currently the only TC under LegalXML it seems to me you should all be aware.

I have no idea why they have made this decision. The LegalXML SC has been active, and acting in good faith over the past several months. Furthermore, I'm not sure how to respond as I don't have the time or energy to attempt to make a case to the OASIS Board that they need to lift this decision.

Would love to hear any suggestions you all might have.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laurent M. Liscia <laurent.liscia@oasis-open.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM
To: legalxml-sc@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: "Jamie.clark@oasis-open.org" <Jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>, Cathie.Mayo@oasis-open.org, Board Plus <board-plus@lists.oasis-open.org>

 Dear members of the LegalXML Steering Committee,
I have been instructed to inform you that the OASIS Board of Directors has adopted the following resolution and its amendment:

"RESOLUTION 2010-10-12.08, Prohibit Legal XML member section from making any further spending commitments until they have convinced the Board that they are a going concern."

RESOLUTION 2010-10-12.08a (to amend), add "as of 15 October 2010" before "until" in the previous notice.

This, of course, means that committed funds to date are not impacted, including funds already assigned to the Stanford event. Please feel free to contact OASIS staff to arrange a discussion with the Board.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Liscia, Executive Director
1-978-667-5115, extension 201