Subject: FW: researching OASIS LegalXML

LegalXML Steering Committee and ECF TC:

FYI.  Here is a request I received from the federal courts. I will call them and report back what I find.

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 509-4532 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: David_Milstein@ao.uscourts.gov [mailto:David_Milstein@ao.uscourts.gov]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:22 PM
To: James E Cabral
Subject: researching OASIS LegalXML

Mr. Cabral,

 I understand from Joe Speetjens, of the Bankruptcy Noticing Center/BAE Systems, that you were his contact point
in his recent extension of the legalxml-courtfiling ecf specification for Bankruptcy Noticing purposes.

I work on the  electronic case management case filing system for the US Courts, CMECF, and I am interested in your framework.
I am working on an xml schema definition for use with our system, and would like to hear about the advantages that might flow from
extending your specification.

I have read the specification for ecf v4.0, but I have some further questions about it.  Would you be willing to talk
to myself and possibly colleagues about this?

Thanks very much,

David Milstein, J.D.

Administrative Office of the US Courts
Office of Court Administration, Technology Division