Subject: CR MDE. Push/Pull modes.

Dear Colleagues,

Looking for your ideas/comments.

The problem:
- CR MDE. Should we add a 'pull' mode?

ECF spec as of today assumes a 'push' mode only with its CR MDE.
A Court willing to follow ECF spec has to have a CR MDE component that would 'push' a filing into it.

Folks at the trenches however mentioned to us (number of times) a 'pull' mode as an option. That is, instead of having a CR MDE service client to 'push' a filing into 'our Court System', we'd prefer to poll (or else) a service to effectively 'pull' a filing *whenever we want*.

Why not?
Currently CR MDE:
- is a service client to submit a RecordFilingRequest (RFR);
- it is a consumer for NotifyDocketingComplete.
The majors ones, roughly.

Could it be reversed as well, in addition to, to allow the querying?
So that one could query the RFRs available?
Why not?
It should not affect the Core spec; just the SIP, the WebServices one and only.

Your thoughts/ideas/comments are appreciated.

Thank you.
-
Serguei M.
Intresys