Subject: Fw: Test Harness assumptions after the QA Review

ECF TC:

For discussion at our meeting tomorrow.

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 509-4532 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: Scott Serich
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎January‎ ‎13‎, ‎2014 ‎11‎:‎14‎ ‎AM
To: James E Cabral, Jim Harris

Status update: I had Bob put together a current status containing the disposition of all the recommendations. I’ve included the table here for your convenience. No particular action required… just FYI. Thanks.

Title

Disposition

Issues

I-1.  Package Structure

We have obtained the clarification necessary, so we are able to continue the Springboard test tool design & implementation.

I-2.  WSDL Validation

The suggested revision has been addressed in the ECF v4.01 Errata 01, Working Draft 01, dated 15 October 2013.

I-3.  Document Reference

We have obtained the clarification necessary, so we are able to continue the Springboard test tool design & implementation.

I-4.  Schema Encoding

The suggested revision has been addressed in the ECF v4.01 Errata 01, Working Draft 01, dated 15 October 2013.

I-5.  Juvenile Reference

The suggested revision has been addressed in the ECF v4.01 Errata 01, Working Draft 01, dated 15 October 2013.

I-6.  Inconsistent WS-RM Standards

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume that the use of the latest specification was intended.  Therefore, the Springboard project will proceed with WS-Reliable Messaging v1.1.

I-7.  Invalid Sample

We have obtained the clarification necessary, so we are able to continue the Springboard test tool design & implementation.

I-8.  Incorrect Parameter Reference

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume that the parameters CoreFilingMessage and PaymentMessage are both optional.

I-9.  Requirement Typo

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume the “typo” was correctly identified and will be resolved in a future version.

I-10.  Error Handling

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume the ECF WS SIP will be revised to indicate the use of SOAP faults to communicate error information between web service exchange partners. As a result, the Springboard test suite will verify success criteria based on the presence of fault conditions in the message exchange.

Observations

O-1.  Optional Interoperability?

We understand that the ECF working group overtly decided that the specification should maintain maximum flexibility as a core objective of the specification.  Therefore, the Springboard project will determine a test strategy that  for each optional service interaction component specification.

O-2.  Must and/or May?

Consistent with the “O-1.  Optional Interoperability?” disposition above, we understand that the intention of the specification was to convey the service interaction components as optional.

O-3.  Simplify Requirements

We have obtained the clarification necessary, so we are able to continue the Springboard test tool design & implementation.

O-4.  Binary Encoding

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume the ECF Technical Working Group will update the specification to change the use of MTOM encoding to NIEM-compliant base64 encoding, which is built into the XML specification, and provides a consistent mechanism for binary encoding and transport across all SIPs.

The binary document “attachments” will be stored using the “DocumentType” in the “ECF-4.0-CommonTypes.xsd” schema.

O-5.  Substitution groups

We understand that the ECF Technical Working Group is unlikely to use choice instead of substitution groups.  Therefore, the Springboard test utilities will temporarily switch to Choice in order to facilitate request/response validation during  testing.

O-6.  GRA Reference

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume the intention was to use the latest specification.  Therefore, the Springboard project will proceed with the GRA Web-Services Service Interaction Profile v1.3 specification.

O-7.  WS-Addressing Not Specified

In lieu of any other guidance, we presume the ECF Technical Working Group will update the service interaction profile to include WS-Addressing as a mechanism to uniquely identify MDE addresses.  The WS-Addressing information should be consistent with the ReceivingMDELocationID and SendingMDELocationID elements.