Subject: RE: ECF 5: FIPS Country Code Alternatives?

Jim,

NIEM supports a number of possible representations for countries, including FIPS 10-4 and 3 different ISO code lists.

Currently, ECF 4 and the draft of ECF 5 both include nc:LocationCountryName and nc:LocationCountryFIPS10-4Code.  We could decide to switch from FIPS to one of the ISO codes.  If we support multiple codes, we need to consider the added complexity for implementers.

nc:LocationCountry details

nonode type: (nc:CountryType)

nonode nonode Add Add All

nonode lastnode Add nc:CountryAugmentationPoint abstract details

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532

From: Price, Jim
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:44 PM
To: 'legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] ECF 5: FIPS Country Code Alternatives?

TC,

We’ve run into an interesting situation with the nc:LocationCountryFIPS10-4Code code values.  It turns out that one of our CMS’s country codes are based on ISO, not FIPS.  For ECF 5, should the country code be standards body agnostic and instead rely on Court Policy to make the country code determination.

Background:  Arizona is a non-unified court system that operates several different CMSs.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jim