Subject: FW: Electronic Service of Process

ECF TC:

FYI.  On behalf of the TC, I reached out to the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) to ask for their help identifying states that may be interested in testing eSOP with registered agents as supported in ECF 5.0.  I spoke with Mr. Shippy, the chief deputy to the Missouri Secretary of State today and they are potentially interested.  Other states may follow. There may also be an opportunity to speak on this topic at the NASS conference July 13-15 in Philadelphia.  I’ll add this to our agenda for upcoming TC meetings.

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532

From: Reynolds, Leslie <reynolds@sso.org>
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 4:55:42 PM
To: James E Cabral
Cc: Shippy, Steele
Subject: RE: Electronic Service of Process

Dear Mr. Cabral,

I sent your information to my members last week. I heard back from the Missouri Secretary of State who said they would be interested in speaking with you about eSOP. They are currently exploring possible legislation allowing electronic service of process.

The Secretary is Jay Ashcroft and his Chief Deputy is Steele Shippy.

I have copied Steele on this email, so that you can reach out to them.

I’ll follow up if I hear from any others.

Thanks so much,

Leslie

Leslie Reynolds

Executive Director

National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS)

444 N. Capitol Street, NW Suite 401

Washington, DC  20001

202-624-3525

www.nass.org