Subject: RE: SHA256 hash for documents

Haha, we may want to clarify that in the specification, eh Gary?  😊

Philip Baughman
Senior Software Engineering Manager, eSolutions
P: 972.713.3770 ext: 113406

From: James E Cabral <jec@mtgmc.com>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 12:44 PM
To: Baughman, Philip <Philip.Baughman@tylertech.com>; legalxml-courtfiling (legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org) <legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org>

Philip,

Itâs been a long time since we talked about hashes but my recollection is that, regardless of whether we return the final documents, we wanted the all MDEs to receive the hashes for document integrity purposes.  That is, by returning the hash of the accepted documents to the FilingReview and FilingAssembly MDEs, we provide the clerk and/or filer a way to detect a future modification of the document in the court record system.

If I understand your description of the Tyler implementation, the hash is applied in the FilingReview MDE and received by the CourtRecord MDE in docketing.  As long as it is still returned to the FilingAssembly MDE in the NotifyFilingReviewComplete message, I think weâre good.

__

Jim Cabral

502 509-4532