Subject: ECF JIRA

ECF TC:

We agreed to use JIRA to track issues as they are reported in the 5.0 specifications. We received a notification that a JIRA project has been created for the ECF TC at

https://issues.oasis-open.org/projects/LEGALXMLCO/summary

See Chet’s suggestions below on how to access and use JIRA below and a link to the OData TC’s project as an example.

Let me know if you would like us to take Chet up on his offer to walk us through the tool at an upcoming TC meeting.

__

Jim Cabral

502 509-4532

From: Chet Ensign
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:22 PM
To: James E Cabral
Subject: Re: FW: [OASIS Issue Tracker] Account password

Every member of the TC should be able to log in with their OASIS credentials. Also, everyone should have the ability to open issues, comment on issues, etc.

What I have seen work well is use the Components field to identify the parts of the work that an issue relates to - for example, schema or UML or spec - and then use the Environment field to record other useful information, for example that this issue is currently proposed or that it is from public review 02. Here is how the OData TC does it - I think this is a pretty good model.  https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ODATA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

I love JIRA. It is a really powerful and flexible tool but that can also make it a bit daunting to use.

If it would be useful, I can come to a TC meeting and walk you all through it.

/chet