Subject: Groups - Action Item "ECF 5.0 - Format Web Services SIP as an SSP" Closed

Action Item Subject: ECF 5.0 - Format Web Services SIP as an SSP
Item Number: #0005

Description
Development of Global Service Specification Package (SSP) pursuant to SSP Guidelines and using Global provided SSP templates.

Owner: Mr. James Cabral
Due Date: 01 Nov 2017

Comments
Mr. Jim Harris 2013-06-11 15:34 UTC
This task was tabled for a time after the IJIS Springboard initiative indicated a preference to use the actual OASIS specs rather than GRA SSP(s). However, the TC decided it would still be useful to proceed with this effort. Jim Harris will coordinate with Jim Cabral, Jim Douglas, Joe Mierwa and Di Graski to assist with next steps and an action plan for completing the SSP(s). Updates will be shared in monthly TC calls, but setting target date for completion before the September F2F.

Mr. Jim Harris 2013-10-08 21:14 UTC
Posted draft SSP with all current ECF artifacts organized in appropriate locations within the SSP structure. Need to finish the SSP SID and SIDD documents, and update as needed with ECF WS-SIP updates arising from Springboard feedback. Changing due date to target completion by Oct 31, 2013.

Mr. James Cabral 2014-10-17 03:32 UTC
I updated the ECF 4.01 SSP to include SOAP samples and to align with the most recent GRA Service Specification Guidelines. The only remaining tasks should be to finish the ECF Service Description Document (SDD) and ECF Service Interface Description Document (SIDD).

Mr. Jim Harris 2015-03-10 16:59 UTC
Revising SDD to break out business process flows and scenarios into separate business process description document (BPDD) and ZIP file as called for in most recent SSP templates.

Mr. Jim Harris 2015-04-14 13:21 UTC
Posted draft SDD for 4.01 SSP. Most of the content was simply copied from the core spec and reorganized to follow v1.0 of the SSP SDD template. After any edits/updates, we?ll replace the template version that was already in the ECF SSP as a placeholder. I?ve got a couple of questions about the SIDD we can discuss during today?s call. For ECF 5, we?ll want to use the 1.1 SDD template and a separate business process documentation package. This will work better anyway if we refactor (as one would actually do for implementation) into multiple services and, hence, multiple SSPs.

Mr. Jim Harris 2015-05-12 06:03 UTC
Posted updates to draft SDD and SIDD for 4.01 SSP. Also replaced corresponding draft documents in the 4.01.1 SSP ZIP file.

Mr. Jim Harris 2015-05-26 16:11 UTC
Added new SDD 1.0.1 draft (see referenced items in TC Action Item #5) with changes to reference Core Spec and WS-SIP documents where appropriate and remove redundant narrative. Working on similar updates to SIDD now. Will post SIDD and updated SSP zip file later today.

Mr. Jim Harris 2015-05-27 00:09 UTC
The following updates have been applied:
- Replaced SDD 1.0.1 draft with minor corrections to draft posted earlier today.
- Added new SIDD 1.0.1 draft with changes to reference Core Spec and WS-SIP documents where appropriate and suggestions from the TC.
- Replaced the SSP (ECF_SSP_v_4.01.1) containing latest versions of the SDD and SIDD.

Mr. Jim Harris 2017-10-10 15:21 UTC
Jim Cabral to draft new WS-SIP based on Global Web Services SIP 1.3.

Referenced Items
ECF GRA Assessment and Alignment (89K) 2012-10-23 Download | View Details
  ECF 4.01 - Update Web Service SIP 2.01 2013-09-25 View Details
ECF_SSP_v_4.01.0 (4MB) 2013-10-08 Download | View Details
ECF_SDD_v_1.0.0.doc (456K) 2015-05-11 Download | View Details
ECF_SIDD_v_1.0.0.doc (101K) 2015-05-11 Download | View Details
ECF_SDD_v_1.0.1.doc (200K) 2015-05-26 Download | View Details
ECF_SIDD_v_1.0.1.doc (110K) 2015-05-26 Download | View Details
ECF_SSP_v_4.01.1.zip (5MB) 2015-05-26 Download | View Details