legalxml-econtracts-comment message

Subject: Re: [legalxml-econtracts-comment] Public Comment

Hello Adrian

The short answer is we don't yet have a schema/DTD you can simply download.

The longer answer is more interesting...

As you might have seen from the eContracts list, conceptually we
distinguish between the "structure" and the "semantics".

The "structure" addresses how the words of the contract - headings,
paragraphs, schedule etc - are represented.

The "semantics" addresses how things of interest to some particular
vertical will be marked up.

The structural part is currently being finalised by an informal
sub-committee, using a subset of XHTML 2 (which is currently in draft form).

So, we'll be using <section> to capture a clause, with <h> for heading
(if it has one), <p> for its paragraphs, and <section> recursively for
any nested sub-clauses.

Bottom line for structure is that if you start using XHTML 2 in the
manner described above, your representation is likely to be close to
what the TC ultimately recommends.

kind regards

Jason

--

Jason Harrop
CTO, SPEEDLEGAL

Melbourne
Mob +61 (0)402 02 66 34
Tel +61 (0)3 9670 0141
Fax +61 (0)3 9670 0142
www.speedlegal.com

SmartPrecedent(R) software
The most intelligent way to create documents