legalxml-econtracts-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: kelly.ray@us.pwc.com

I finally got a chance last night to catch-up on the email exchanges for
eContracts last night.

I noted with interest Dr. Leff's comment that the use cases do not include
an accounting system use case.

I somewhat juxtapose this comment with the exchanges about the degree of
involvement and need to develop semantic mark-up.

It would be my suggestion that we consider what other schemas or
taxonomies could be leveraged for payload.  Specifically, I think we
should consider leveraging elements from the XBRL taxonomy in at least the
Contracts Management and the Contracts Development use cases for some of
the metadata tagging as this would be an ideal way of pushing back the
transparency and normalization benefits of XBRL into the systems creating
and managing source data.

I have asked one of our XBRL experts to consider whether there is a
separate use case as thought by Dr. Leff or whether there is a use case
modification we might propose.   Unfortunately, I only got my request out
to him at about 1:30 this morning.  I don't know if we'll have anything to
you in time for this afternoon, but you might consider adding a discussion
point for an upcoming agenda.