Subject: [legalxml-econtracts] eContracts Meeting Agenda: 11/13/02

Dear fellow OASIS/LegalXML eContracts Technical Committee Members:

Below, please find the draft agenda for the first teleconference meeting of this TC.  I'll be mailing out the call-in information shortly.  Suggested adjustments or clarifications to the agenda are welcome.

Best,
 - Daniel Greenwood, OASIS/LegalXML eContracts TC Chair
|  Daniel J. Greenwood, Esq.
|  Director, E-Commerce Architecture Program
|  MIT School of Architecture and Planning
|  77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 7-231
|  Cambridge, MA 02139
|     http://ecitizen.mit.edu
|     or http://www.civics.com
|     dang@mit.edu

 -- start --
Draft Agenda for OASIS/LegalXML eContracts Technical Committee
November 13, 2002, 5 pm Eastern Time (GMT -05:00).

    1. Welcome by chair and Roll call.  This will also be the appropriate time for members to introduce themselves and their hopes and objectives for the TC.  Please prepare a brief statement of your goals and objectives and desired outcomes for our joint-work.

    2. Review of OASIS TC process with additional LegalXML Member Section processes and IPR policy.

    3. Review of TC charter (statement of purpose, goals, deliverables, schedule, etc.). Discussion whether there is any need to clarify the charter, and discussion of how to accomplish the goals set forth in the charter.

** Confirm that our first action item according to the charter will be to identify requirements in a written form and address any other issues related to the charter, including any potential needs for clarification. **

    4. A schedule for producing the deliverables.

** Example Only **
	a.  End user business requirements   (in a form where we can vote on each of them 		possibly December 02 or January 03?)
	b.  Data models	draft April 03?
	c.  Schema 		draft July 03?
	d.  etc.

    5. Vote on any standing rules for the TC, such as whether to allow voting via email.

    6. Selection/volunteers for positions. Most of these are the chair's responsibilities but can be delegated. These positions could be filled by election, or by volunteers that are then ratified or accepted by the TC membership.
          a. additional vice-chair (if necessary)
          b. editor(s)
          c. secretary
          d. webmaster(s)
          e. liaison(s) with other applicable standards groups or TCs
          f. other?

    7. Split into subcommittees if necessary (each will need its own charter, chair and editor, liaisons with other subcommittees, etc.).  Likely this item will be premature to address at the first meeting.

    8. Discussion and acceptance of contributed work.

    9. Any Other Business.

    10. Set meeting schedule; ask for volunteers for hosting meetings.

 Suggestion: teleconference once per month; face to face in April or May 03, and 6 months thereafter.

 -- end --