Subject: Re: [legalxml-econtracts] Caption Numbers

:

>Here's the corresponding XSL match conditions; within these templates, one can
>generate caption numbers without too much problem.

I'm not suggesting it is impossible.  I'm saying it is undesirable and
unnecessary.

><xsl:template match='*[parent::Contract]'>
><xsl:template match='Paragraph[parent::Contract]'>
><xsl:template match='Article[parent::Contract]'>

look at the 2 templates you have created for Section.

><xsl:template match='Section[parent::Contract]'>
><xsl:template match='Section[parent::Article[parent::Contract]]'>

With a seven level hierarchy where anything is allowed anywhere else,
well, seven factorial equals 720.  Now, i know you won't catch each
possibility with a distinct template.

But the problem is that users will put a Paragraph directly in an
Article _by mistake_, and using your approach, your styles would need to
cater for that.  And I don't want to impose this burden on
administrators or support staff who are not XPath experts.