Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] RE: Proposal: One container per level in the clause hierarchy (was Re: [legalxml-econtracts] Caption Numbers)

Jason. now that I'm understanding a little more of your approach, here's a stab
at your markup applied to the 3 level structure I posted the other day. As I
look at the markup, whether you call it <p> or <body> or whatever, I don't see
how you overcome the problem with the paragraph at the top of the document,
prior to any clauses (or articles or sections) being introduced. If there is
formatting associated with this <p> tag, such as p {margin-top:1em}, then I am
concerned that it would affect the layout badly within the <Artlcle> element,
because it would place that content onto a different line, without fail. I just
don't see it working correctly if one wants the text for an Article, or Section,
or Paragraph, to be on the same line as the Title of the block, I am sorry for
being dense about this, but it's not immediately clear how that would be done. I
also have trouble doing citations to this. because the text that appears in the
second <p> of the Article, as counted using XPATH, I THINK would be normally
referenced as "Article 1, Paragraph 1" instead, so there's an inconsistency
there....