Subject: Clause Structure applied to Benchmark Contract

Hi

I suggested in the post below that to understand some of the practical
implications of our decision on the CSS question, we really need to see
how the XML would have to look in order for CSS to present it properly
if applied directly.

For the purposes of comparison, I've marked up the same clause using
markup that I believe properly represents the content, but does not go
out of its way to accommodate CSS.

For completeness, I've marked up references to parties, use and making
of definitions, and cross references.  Mark up along these lines is
useful in the law firm contract creation scenario. You'll see there are
lots of these, but for present purposes they can be disregarded.

cheers,

Jason

Jason Harrop wrote:

> [...]
> between representations which are convenient for CSS on the one hand,
> and representations which are attractive owing to other considerations
> (eg ease of use, economy of expression, validation), CSS concerns will
> ALWAYS or will NOT NECESSARILY trump all other considerations."
>
> Here is an alternative, which articulates what we are asking (fairly
> or unfairly) of CSS:
>
> "Yes or No: Irrespective of any other consideration (eg ease of use,
> economy of expression, validation), our schema must be such that when
> an appropriate CSS is directly applied to a XML document (valid
> according to the schema), the output will be of a quality that could
> be printed and signed."
>
> I think there are still a few more issues to tease out on the mailing
> list in order to ensure a productive fully informed teleconf.
>
> To this end, I invite John McClure (following Dan's "Benchmark
> Contracts" email) to mark up section 6.4 (just (a) to (d) would be
> sufficient) of the lease document at
> http://contracts.corporate.findlaw.com
> /agreements/goldman/hanover.lease.1997.08.22.html
> using his XML, and to provide CSS which when applied to the XML
> presents it as closely as CSS is capable of to that web page.  Note
> that each of paragraphs (a), (b), (c), (d) have headings which appear
> inline.
>
> I will also mark up those clauses using the labels which were agreed
> in the last teleconf, and the content model for those labels i have
> been advocating.
>
> cheers,
>
> Jason
>
> Daniel Greenwood wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think, based on the attention paid to the presentation issue on our
>> list, that we as a TC should formally address the question as part of
>> our requirements phase.  I suggest that we consider at least starting
>> this discussion as an agenda item during our next teleconference on
>> Wed.  I further suggest that we'll be more productive by carefully
>> articulating the question to be addressed - i.e. the requirement
>> statement itself.  To that end, I have talked with John McClure today
>> and derived the following draft statement that I think will help us to
>> clarify the issue before us.  Here is my first take at the question,
>> please feel free to hack away at it.
>>
>> "Yes or No: The eContracts spec shall define an exchange standard (XML
>> Schema or DTD) that includes the information needed to create
>> conclusive presentation of the contract as agreed by the parties,
>> without the need for an intervening transformation via XSL-T or
>> similar process."
>>
>> I think we should first agree on the question presented and then we
>> should determine as a group whether the answer is yes or no.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dan Greenwood

>> |  Daniel J. Greenwood, Esq.
>> |  Director, E-Commerce Architecture Program

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE Clauses SYSTEM "/home/jharrop/eContracts.dtd">
<Clauses>
    <!-- This is Article 6.4 from the lease document at http://contracts.corporate.findlaw.com
/agreements/goldman/hanover.lease.1997.08.22.html, marked up using the container names agreed
in the eContracts teleconference of 9 April 2003, and container contents suggested by
jharrop@speedlegal.com -->
    <Article>
        <Number FullForm="6.">6.</Number>
        <Heading>Maintenance; Alterations; Certain Reimbursements; Etc.</Heading>

        <Section>
            <Number FullForm="6.4">6.4</Number>
            <Heading>Reimbursable Alterations</Heading>

            <Paragraph ID="s641">
                <Number FullForm="6.4.1">(a)</Number>
                <Heading>Submission of Bids; Different Score of Work Statement.</Heading>

                <SubParagraph ID="s6411">
                    <Number FullForm="6.4.1.1">(1)</Number>
                    (subject to <CrossReference IDREF="s646">Section 6.4(f)</CrossReference>), simultaneously with the submission of all of the
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecifications">Plans and Specifications</DefinitionUse> therefor to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> (or as soon thereafter as
                    reasonably practicable, but in no event later than the date which is 5 <DefinitionUse IDREF="BusinessDays">Business
                    Days</DefinitionUse> prior to the date upon which <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> is required to give the <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecificationsNotice">Plans and
                    Specifications Notice</DefinitionUse>), deliver to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> a list of at least 3 reputable
                    contractors (collectively, the <DefinedTerm ID="OriginalBidders">"Original Bidders"</DefinedTerm>) from whom <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> proposes to
                    obtain bids for the work. <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall have the right, exercisable by notice
                    to <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> delivered not later than 10 <DefinitionUse IDREF="BusinessDays">Business Days</DefinitionUse> after receipt by <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> of
                    the list of the <DefinitionUse IDREF="OriginalBidders">Original Bidders</DefinitionUse>, to designate no more than three additional
                    reputable contractors (which may include <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> or an affiliate of <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>)
                    from whom <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> desires <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> to obtain bids (collectively, the <DefinedTerm ID="AdditionalBidders">Additional Bidders</DefinedTerm>). <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> shall, as promptly as reasonably practicable, obtain bids from
                    at least two of the <DefinitionUse IDREF="OriginalBidders">Original Bidders</DefinitionUse> and solicit bids from all of the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AdditionalBidders">Additional
                    Bidders</DefinitionUse> (if any) on a competitive basis and submit all bids obtained (together
                    with the proposed contracts relating thereto) to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> together with (x)
                    <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>'s reasonable estimate of the date of substantial completion of the work
                    in question (the <DefinedTerm ID="EstimatedSubstantialCompletionDate">"Estimated Substantial Completion Date"</DefinedTerm>) and (y) <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>'s
                    reasonable estimate of reasonable fees and disbursements of any architect or
                    engineer retained by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> in connection with the work in question, and within
                    5 <DefinitionUse IDREF="BusinessDays">Business Days</DefinitionUse> after receipt thereof <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall give notice to <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>
                    designating the <DefinitionUse IDREF="OriginalBidder">Original Bidder</DefinitionUse> or the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AdditionalBidder">Additional Bidder</DefinitionUse> (in either case being a
                    bidder from whom <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> has obtained a bid) which in <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s judgment should
                    perform the work in question (the bidder so designated by <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> being called
                    <DefinedTerm ID="LandlordsPreferredBidder">"Landlord's Preferred Bidder"</DefinedTerm>). All such bids shall be on a lump sum or
                    guaranteed maximum amount basis. <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> shall have the right, exercisable by
                    notice (the <DefinedTerm ID="DisputeNotice">"Dispute Notice"</DefinedTerm>) given to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> within 5 <DefinitionUse IDREF="BusinessDays">Business Days</DefinitionUse> after the
                    date upon which <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> receives notice of the identity of <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsPreferredBidder">Landlord's Preferred
                    Bidder</DefinitionUse> (which <DefinitionUse IDREF="DisputeNotice">Dispute Notice</DefinitionUse> shall specify the <DefinitionUse IDREF="OriginalBidder">Original Bidder</DefinitionUse> or the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AdditionalBidder">Additional
                    Bidder</DefinitionUse> (<DefinedTerm ID="TenantsSelectedBidder">"Tenant's Selected Bidder"</DefinedTerm>) which <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> proposes to select to do the
                    work in question), to dispute <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s designation of <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsPreferredBidder">Landlord's Preferred
                    Bidder</DefinitionUse>, and if the <DefinitionUse IDREF="DisputeNotice">Dispute Notice</DefinitionUse> shall be timely given, the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineer">Appropriate
                    Engineer</DefinitionUse> shall select either <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsPreferredBidder">Landlord's Preferred Bidder</DefinitionUse> or <DefinitionUse IDREF="TenantsSelectedBidder">Tenant's Selected
                    Bidder</DefinitionUse> as the bidder which (in light of the bid, contract terms, reputation and
                    experience of such bidder) is most appropriate to do the work in question.
                    Notwithstanding <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s designation of, or the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineers">Appropriate Engineer's</DefinitionUse>
                    selection of, <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsPreferredBidder">Landlord's Preferred Bidder</DefinitionUse>, <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> may retain any <DefinitionUse IDREF="OriginalBidder">Original Bidder</DefinitionUse>
                    or <DefinitionUse IDREF="AdditionalBidder">Additional Bidder</DefinitionUse> from whom <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> has obtained a bid in accordance with this
                    <CrossReference IDREF="s641">Section 6.4(a)</CrossReference> to do the work in question (the bidder so retained being called
                    the <DefinedTerm ID="RetainedBidder">"Retained Bidder"</DefinedTerm>).</body>
                </SubParagraph>

                <SubParagraph ID="SubPara6412">
                    <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2">(2)</Number>
                    in the <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecifications">Plans and Specifications</DefinitionUse> submitted by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> is not the most appropriate
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="Alteration">Alteration</DefinitionUse> to address <!-- text missing here --> the condition in question (in the case of a <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableReplacement">Reimbursable Replacement</DefinitionUse> or
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableStructuralWork">Reimbursable Structural Work</DefinitionUse>) or to comply with the <DefinitionUse IDREF="LegalRequirement">Legal Requirement</DefinitionUse> in
                    question (in the case of a <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableLegalRequirementAlteration">Reimbursable Legal Requirement Alteration</DefinitionUse>) or to
                    effect removal (in the case of <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableRemovalOfHazardousSubstances">Reimbursable Removal of Hazardous Substances</DefinitionUse>)
                    then, <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall include in its notice designating <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsPreferredBidder">Landlord's Preferred
                    Bidder</DefinitionUse> a statement to that effect (such statement being herein called a
                    <DefinedTerm ID="DifferentScopeOfWorkStatement">"Different Scope of Work Statement"</DefinedTerm>) and shall include with such notice
                    <List>
                        <ListItem>
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.24">(x)</Number>
                            revisions to or such replacement for the <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecifications">Plans and Specifications</DefinitionUse> submitted by
                            <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> as <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> believes are needed to reflect such most appropriate
                            <DefinitionUse IDREF="Alteration">Alteration</DefinitionUse> ("Landlord's Revised Plans"),</body>
                        </ListItem>
                        <ListItem>
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.25">(y)</Number>
                            contractors from whom <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> desires <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> to obtain bids for the performance
                            of the <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable Alteration</DefinitionUse> in accordance with <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsRevisedPlans">Landlord's Revised Plans</DefinitionUse>
                            ("Landlord's Alternate Bidders") and who may be the same as or different from
                            the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AdditionalBidder">Additional Bidders</DefinitionUse>, and</body>
                        </ListItem>
                        <ListItem ID="z">
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.26">(z)</Number>
                            reflected in <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsRevisedPlans">Landlord's Revised Plans</DefinitionUse> is not a <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable Alteration</DefinitionUse>, a
                            statement to that effect. </body>
                        </ListItem>
                    </List>
                    In such a case, <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> may elect to perform the
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="Alteration">Alteration</DefinitionUse> in question either pursuant to <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsRevisedPlans">Landlord's Revised Plans</DefinitionUse> or, subject
                    to <CrossReference IDREF="s633">Section 6.3(c)</CrossReference>, pursuant to the <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecifications">Plans and Specifications</DefinitionUse> submitted by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>,
                    subject, in either case, to the provisions of <CrossReference IDREF="s648">Section 6.4(h)</CrossReference>. If <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall
                    include the statement described in <CrossReference IDREF="z">clause (z)</CrossReference> above, and <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> shall disagree
                    therewith, the dispute shall be resolved by the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineer">Appropriate Engineer</DefinitionUse>.</body>

                    <List>
                        <ListItem>
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.1">(A)</Number>
                        of the bids required to be submitted to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> under <CrossReference IDREF="s6411">Section 6.4(a)(1)</CrossReference> shall
                        include the following statement in block capital letters: "THIS NOTICE IS BEING
                        GIVEN TO YOU UNDER <CrossReference IDREF="s641">SECTION 6.4(a)</CrossReference> OF OUR LEASE WITH RESPECT TO A REIMBURSABLE
                        ALTERATION. YOUR FAILURE TIMELY TO FURNISH A DIFFERENT SCOPE OF WORK STATEMENT
                        WILL RESULT IN YOUR LOSING THE RIGHT TO FURNISH A DIFFERENT SCOPE OF WORK
                        STATEMENT. IF YOU FURNISH A DIFFERENT SCOPE OF WORK STATEMENT YOUR FAILURE TO
                        INCLUDE THEREIN A STATEMENT THAT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE ALTERATION CALLED
                        FOR THEREBY IS NOT A REIMBURSABLE ALTERATION WILL RESULT IN YOUR BEING DEEMED TO
                        AGREE THAT SUCH ALTERATION CONSTITUTES A REIMBURSABLE ALTERATION" and</body>
                        </ListItem>
                        <ListItem>
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.2">(B)</Number>
                        Bidder</DefinitionUse> a <DefinitionUse IDREF="DifferentScopeOfWorkStatement">Different Scope of Work Statement</DefinitionUse> or shall fail to include with such
                        notice <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsRevisedPlans">Landlord's Revised Plans</DefinitionUse> or shall fail to include with such notice a list
                        of <DefinitionUse IDREF="LandlordsAlternateBidders">Landlord's Alternate Bidders</DefinitionUse>,</body>
                        </ListItem>
                    </List>
                    then <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall be deemed to have waived
                    its rights under this <CrossReference IDREF="s6412">Section 6.4(a)(2)</CrossReference> with respect to the <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable
                    Alteration</DefinitionUse> in question. If
                    <List>
                        <ListItem ID="li64121">
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.1">(i)</Number>
                    to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> of the bids required to be submitted to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> under <CrossReference IDREF="s6411">Section
                    6.4(a)(1)</CrossReference> shall include the statement set forth in <CrossReference IDREF="li64121">clause (i)</CrossReference> of the preceding
                    sentence <!-- There is no clause (i) in the preceding sentence! -->, and </body>
                        </ListItem>
                        <ListItem>
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.1.2.2">(ii)</Number>
                    and shall fail to include therein a statement that <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> does not believe
                    that the <DefinitionUse IDREF="Alteration">Alteration</DefinitionUse> called for thereby is not a <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable Alteration</DefinitionUse>,</body>
                        </ListItem>
                    </List>
                    then
                    <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall be deemed to have agreed that such <DefinitionUse IDREF="Alteration">Alteration</DefinitionUse> is a <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable
                    Alteration</DefinitionUse>.</body>
                    </SubParagraph>
                </Paragraph>

                <Paragraph>
                    <Number FullForm="6.4.2">(b)</Number>
                    <Heading>Reimbursement Amount.</Heading>
                    6.4(d)</CrossReference> or <CrossReference IDREF="s645">6.4(e)</CrossReference>, reimburse <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> on account of any <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable Alteration</DefinitionUse> in
                    an amount (the "Reimbursement Amount") equal to the product of the <DefinitionUse IDREF="MeasuringFraction">Measuring
                    Fraction</DefinitionUse> multiplied by the sum of
                    <List>
                        <ListItem ID="li6421">
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.2.1">(i)</Number>
                    plus</body>
                        </ListItem>
                        <ListItem ID="li6422">
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.2.2">(ii)</Number>
                        </ListItem>
                        <ListItem ID="li6423">
                            <Number FullForm="6.4.2.3">(iii)</Number>
                    disbursements of any architect or engineer retained by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> in connection with the work in question</body>
                        </ListItem>
                    </List>
                    (the sum of the amounts
                    referred to in <CrossReference IDREF="li6421">clauses (i)</CrossReference>, <CrossReference IDREF="li6422">(ii)</CrossReference> and <CrossReference IDREF="li6424">(iii)</CrossReference> being herein called the <DefinedTerm ID="GrossAmount">"Gross Amount"</DefinedTerm>). Any dispute as to the reasonableness of the incurrence by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> of
                    any <DefinitionUse IDREF="Cost">Cost</DefinitionUse> under <CrossReference IDREF="li6422">clause (ii)</CrossReference> or <CrossReference IDREF="li6423">(iii) above</CrossReference> in connection with the work in
                    question, or as to the reasonableness of the amount of any such <DefinitionUse IDREF="Cost">Cost</DefinitionUse>, shall be
                    determined by the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineer">Appropriate Engineer</DefinitionUse>.</body>
                </Paragraph>

                <Paragraph>
                    <Number FullForm="6.4.3">(c)</Number>
                    <Heading><DefinitionUse IDREF="Overruns">Overruns</DefinitionUse>; <DefinitionUse IDREF="QualifiedOverruns">Qualified Overruns</DefinitionUse>. </Heading>
                    of any <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable Alteration</DefinitionUse>, <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> may give notice (an <DefinedTerm ID="OverrunNotice">"Overrun Notice"</DefinedTerm>) to
                    <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> specifying any cost (an <DefinedTerm ID="Overrun">"Overrun"</DefinedTerm>) in excess of the original contract
                    price of <DefinitionUse IDREF="TenantsSelectedBidder">Tenant's Selected Bidder</DefinitionUse> which <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> expects to incur and which <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>
                    contends was unforeseeable by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> at the time of commencement of the work
                    (each <DefinitionUse IDREF="OverrunNotice">Overrun Notice</DefinitionUse> to specify the nature of and reasons for the <DefinitionUse IDREF="Overrun">Overrun</DefinitionUse> in
                    question in reasonably complete and specific detail). Within 10 <DefinitionUse IDREF="BusinessDays">Business Days</DefinitionUse>
                    after receipt of an <DefinitionUse IDREF="OverrunNotice">Overrun Notice</DefinitionUse>, <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall notify <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> as to whether
                    or not in <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s judgment the <DefinitionUse IDREF="Overrun">Overrun</DefinitionUse> in question is reasonable in amount in
                    the circumstances and was unforeseeable by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> at the time of commencement of
                    the work. If <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> shall dispute <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s judgment, the reasonableness of the
                    amount of, and the foreseeability by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> of, the <DefinitionUse IDREF="Overrun">Overrun</DefinitionUse> in question shall be
                    determined by the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineer">Appropriate Engineer</DefinitionUse>. Any <DefinitionUse IDREF="Overrun">Overrun</DefinitionUse> determined by <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> or
                    the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineer">Appropriate Engineer</DefinitionUse> to be reasonable in amount in the circumstances and
                    unforeseeable by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> at the time of commencement of the work shall be a
                    <DefinedTerm ID="QualifiedOverrun">"Qualified Overrun"</DefinedTerm>. <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> shall not be chargeable with the failure by any
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="Contractor">Contractor</DefinitionUse> to foresee any <DefinitionUse IDREF="Overrun">Overrun</DefinitionUse>.</body>
                </Paragraph>

                <Paragraph>
                    <Number FullForm="6.4.4">(d)</Number>
                    <Heading>Reimbursement Upon Full Completion.</Heading>
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursableAlteration">Reimbursable Alteration</DefinitionUse> in respect of which an <DefinitionUse IDREF="ExtendedCompletionNotice">Extended Completion Notice</DefinitionUse> has
                    been given, <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall upon the full completion of the work in question and
                    within 30 days after <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s receipt of <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>'s request therefor remit the
                    <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursementAmount">Reimbursement Amount</DefinitionUse> to <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>; provided, that <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> shall not be obligated
                    to make such remittance unless:
                        <List>
                            <ListItem>
                                <Number FullForm="6.4.4.1">(i)</Number>
                                      accompanied by (A) a certificate of <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> (in
                                      form reasonably satisfactory to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>) stating
                                      that an amount at least equal to the <DefinitionUse IDREF="ReimbursementAmount">Reimbursement
                                      Amount</DefinitionUse> has been paid to contractors,
                                      subcontractors, materialmen, engineers, architects
                                      or other persons (whose names and addresses and a
                                      description of the work involved shall be stated)
                                      who have furnished labor, materials, supplies,
                                      permits or services for the work in question
                                      (collectively, <DefinedTerm ID="Contractors">"Contractors"</DefinedTerm>) and that to <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference>'s
                                      best knowledge (after due inquiry) there is no
                                      outstanding indebtedness due for labor, materials,
                                      supplies, permits or services in any manner
                                      connected with the work in question which if
                                      unpaid might be the basis for any type of lien on
                                      the Leased Premises or any part thereof, and (B) a
                                      certificate of the architect or engineer who
                                      prepared the related <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecifications">Plans and Specifications</DefinitionUse> (in
                                      form reasonably satisfactory to <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>) stating that such work
                                       has been fully completed in a good and
                                       workmanlike manner and in accordance with the
                                       <DefinitionUse IDREF="PlansAndSpecifications">Plans and Specifications</DefinitionUse> (as approved by <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>
                                       or as determined by the <DefinitionUse IDREF="AppropriateEngineer">Appropriate Engineer</DefinitionUse> to
                                       have been required to be approved by <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>
                                       pursuant to this <DefinitionUse IDREF="Lease">Lease</DefinitionUse>);
                            </ListItem>
                            <ListItem>
                                <Number FullForm="6.4.4.2">(ii)</Number>
                                      all bills paid by <PartyReference IDREF="Tenant" Form="Role">Tenant</PartyReference> to <DefinitionUse IDREF="Contractors">Contractors</DefinitionUse> in
                                      connection with the work in question, (B) an
                                      instrument in writing from any title company
                                      insuring <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference>'s estate in the <DefinitionUse IDREF="Project">Project</DefinitionUse>
                                      certifying that there are no undischarged
                                      mechanics', laborers' or materialmen's liens
                                      affecting any part of the <DefinitionUse IDREF="Project">Project</DefinitionUse> (other than
                                      liens, if any, in respect of which <PartyReference IDREF="Landlord" Form="Role">Landlord</PartyReference> has
                                      consented to take security pursuant to <CrossReference IDREF="s1312">Article
                                      13(a)(ii))</CrossReference> and
                            </ListItem>
                            <ListItem>
                                <Number FullForm="6.4.4.3">(iii)</Number>
                                      continuing.
                            </ListItem>
                        </List>
            </Paragraph>