OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

legalxml-econtracts message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] Minutes Draft from the OASIS Legal XMLMember Section Electronic Contracts Technical Committee Secretary (File id:@@2210)

The minutes mention a planned discussion today. If so, does any one have the
dial-in information?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Laurence Leff [mailto:D-Leff@wiu.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 10:46 PM
To: legalxml-econtracts@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [legalxml-econtracts] Minutes Draft from the OASIS Legal XML
Member Section Electronic Contracts Technical Committee Secretary (File
id: @@2210)

                     Minutes Teleconference of May Seventh
     Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards
                           Legal XML Member Section
                       E-Contracts Technical Committee (TC)


Rolly Chambers
Charles Gilliam
Dan Greenwood
Jason Harrop
Laurence L. Leff, Ph.D.
Dave Marvits
John McClure
John Messing
Peter Meyer
Zorran Milosovic

The minutes for April 23rd were approved.  Note they were a combination of
notes taken by Dr. Leff and Mr.  Marvits.

Mr. Chambers updated the group on work going in the area of online dispute
resolution.  There is other work but "we seem to be ahead."  The ODR group
is geared towards mediation, negotiation, and arbitration of settlements.
They are not yet talking about reputation systems.

Mr. Greenwood proposed - that all TC members make a best effort to submit
or more benchmark contracts for use by the TC in applying our emerging
draft specification. (Mr. Greenwood's electronic mail of April 16th on
Benchmark Contracts,
is incorporated by reference.)

This was approved by acclamation.

The discussion about sample contracts included whether they might be
copyrighted, or material posted to the web, would be subject to Intellectual
Property claims.   The Technical Committee also discussed how such
property claims might impact the ongoing work of this Technical Committee
including markup.  Also, the technical committee discussed how marking up
"real life" contracts would advance its agenda as well as the impact of
working with both simple contracts and complex contracts.

Mr. Greenwood proposed that we have a vote on approval of the process
(This was in Mr. Greenwood's electronic mail of May 1st
This was approved.  However, there was considerable discussion about the
vagueness of Step Two on establishing a "data model."

It was thus noted that although this step is not precise now, the Technical
Committee anticipates that the model will include
1) What schemas will be produced and the subject matter
2) Some description of an architecture.

This was passed unanimously.

The following dates and agenda were set for teleconferences.  All of these
were for 18:00 Eastern Time.

May 21st:  Discuss the following two scenarios:

           Dispute Resolution Contract
           Work on Construction Contract

June 4th:  Discuss the Clause Model
           Discuss the Requirements Document
           Discuss the following two scenarios:

1) - Automated Negotiation System (Mr. Marvits)


2) - Discuss Electronic Contracts in Litigation

June 18th: Discuss the following two scenarios:
1  Click-Through Contracts for Software Downloads


2  - Data Consortium Contract Schema Requirements


July 2nd:  Discussion the Enterprise Contract Management Scenario


July 16th: Discuss the XML in enterprise documentation systems (Mr. Peter


The Technical Committee addressed the issue of scenarios that might come in
later than the original deadline.  It decided to be open to "late" scenarios
as it recognized that it might learn what scenarios are appropriate in the
process of reviewing scenarios now submitted.

Mr. Greenwood closed the meeting, thanking the participants for their
during the extensive "administrative items" in this teleconference and
pointing out that the group is well posed to proceed at a rapid pace through
the more substantive issues.

New Action Items:

Dr. Laurence Leff will send mail to Mr. Jamie Clark of OASIS requesting
sample "paper agreements" that were associated with electronic commerce,
e. g., under ebXML.

Dr. Laurence Leff will send mail to Mr. Karl Best of OASIS to inform him of
the Technical Committee's interest in holding a face-to-face in conjunction
with the Australia conference.  Dr. Leff will also inquire as to the
availability of teleconferencing or web conferencing facilities for those
who might not be able to travel to Australia.

Dr. Laurence Leff will follow up with Ms. Pina regarding having
starting at 18:00PM Eastern Daylight Time and continuing past 19:00.

Dr. Laurence Leff will post to the list, the material he prepared
on click-through contracts coordinating it with the information item format
prepared by Mr. Harrop.

Mr. John Messing will follow up on the possiblity of having a face-to-face
in conjunction with the American Bar Association meeting August 7th and
August 8th in San Francisco

Mr. Rolly Chambers will post benchmark contracts from the
construction field.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]