Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] Retainer and conflicts scenario

A group of vendors and IT folks from the Legal Services Corporation have
been working on XML for a Case Management system. This might be a better
forum for conflicts clearance.

JimK

-----Original Message-----
From: jmessing [mailto:jmessing@law-on-line.com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 11:03 PM
To: legalxml-econtracts@lists.oasis-open.org

After having gotten well into a scenario, I have abandoned the effort. For
those of you who were not present on the last call I undertook to generate a
scenario for a law firm retainer that would also check for law firm
conflicts.

As I got deeper into the scenario, it became clear that it really was one
best suited for an xml form that gathered information which would be useful
both to the conflicts checking software and to the retainer application. The
latter probably would be a template that accepted data from the form to
generate a contract for a specific client-matter. There were probably other
applications as well: opening up a litigation file, setting up pleadings,
etc. But an xml form to xml contract I think is out of scope of our current
work, so I have stopped.

Best regards.

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-econtracts/members/lea
ve_workgroup.php