Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] FW: J McClure RDF proposal for structural markup

Hi Peter

>John now appears to be saying that the structural markup
>must use RDF in order to support linking

In last night's Citation Reqs memo, no explicit or implicit role for RDF is
identified -- insofar as structural markup is concerned. I am proposing though
that RDF be used to record metadata about the contract document. I am not
proposing any longer that RDF be used in any way for structural markup or for
linking purposes.

If you feel that the RDF Proposal for the Clause Model needs now to be formally
withdrawn, then consider it done. I withdraw the RDF Proposal, without
qualification.

I do propose a "Clause Model" in the Citation Reqs memo, one that is based on
XML Namespaces, a topic and technology that I understand we are now freer to
discuss than when constrained by the "preliminary consensus" achieved last
spring. This is *not* a new initiative from me. As many know, I have been urging
since 2001 that we support XML Namespaces. The difference this time around is
that I have provided proof that a standard that does not explicitly support CSS
styling, and does not use Namespaces, is seriously flawed when it comes to
support for linking.

Regards,
John