Subject: Re: [legalxml-econtracts] Req Doc Review, Updated Tech Reqs, & 3 pictures

John, thank you for writing up again your ideas for requirements in a way that fits into the TC's current draft work by Rolly and for making other comments on the draft. This makes it very easy to discuss and, as appropriate, incorporate your contributions.

On a personal note, I know you have been chomping at the bit a long, long time to talk technical architecture and technical solutions at a detailed level. I'm very pleased that you stuck with the TC as we "caught up" by first going through scenarios and foundational business requirements and scope. We now have a framework within which to start making these "next step" decisions. This does not mean you or any of us will witness a end process that looks exactly (or possibly even remotely) like our original contributions. But it does mean we have an apples to apples discussion platform and a basis for making decisions.

Everybody: don't forget we have a Clause Model meeting the day after tomorrow and, time permitting, perhaps we can also deal more with iterating our overall requirements document.

Gentlemen: start your engines.

Thanks,
Dan Greenwood
-----Original Message-----
From: "John McClure" <jmcclure@hypergrove.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:46:49
To:"Legalxml-Econtracts" <legalxml-econtracts@lists.oasis-open.org>

Attached is an update to my previous draft for a Technical Requirements section,
with no plan to further update until after receiving feedback on its direction.

I have also attached a few inline-comments to the Requirements Document. As I'm
certain it was an oversight, the link to the DC requirements was to only its
first draft. Accordingly, I am concerned that that first draft was used as the
basis for the Reqs Doc, rather than that posted 10 days later
(http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/legalxml-econtracts/200302/msg00009.html).

Lastly attached are graphical depictions that I was requested to furnish
relative to those requirements, refined beyond the concepts originally
presented. Thirty-seven types of events are now identified.

Comments about all this material is welcomed.