Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] Signature Areas

John Messing asks:
How would this proposal handle XMLDSIG for security of digital signatures?

Inconsistencies between the data in the dsig envelope and the information marked
up in the document, is an application-level concern in my opinion. Is this what
you're asking ?
Thanks,
John

>Jason wrote:
>Surely the signature - whatever elements be used to represent it - goes inside
>the grammatical para <p>, given that that's how the author
>conceptualised it (as indicated by the text and the colon)?

You're right about this. It must go inside the <p>. Nevertheless, I definitely
favor inline elements to represent the essential information for a signature. I
do not (presently) favor a formal container element for the inline signature
elements.