Subject: XBRL and eContracts

The attached is not a use case specifically, but it is a discussion point raised in reference to Dr. Leff's passing comment about a financial accounting use case.

I asked Eric Cohen (our XBRL and XBRL-GL expert) to provide his inputs on how XBRL and XBRL-GL might be utilized in relation to eContracts as I was specifically thinking of the advantages of being able to report against contract obligations.  I was thinking about things such as having payment schedules tagged so that the information could be used automatically by the forecasting system.  It would also be helpful to have scheduled collateral tagged in such a way that I could run a particular asset identifier and know all the contracts with which the asset is associated as collateral and be able to determine the impact of selling the asset, etc.

Take a look.  I can't attend the face-to-face, but I will make arrangements to call in and see if Eric can attend remotely as well if you are interested in adding this as an agenda item.

Thanks,
Kelly D. Ray
Director
Advisory Services
PricewaterhouseCoopers

(home office) 972-881-2420
(voicemail/fax) 214-853-4264
(cell) 972-896-5834
kelly.ray@us.pwc.com

XBRL GL and XBRL FR in a contract.doc

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.