Subject: FW: (tr782C)

 Forwarding to the TC list so that it can be duly noted in the email archives.

Regards,

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Laurence Leff [mailto:D-Leff@wiu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:23 PM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Subject: (tr782C)

THIS IS AN ELECTRONIC COPY OF AN ITEM BEING TO SENT TO YOU IN HARDCOPY FORMAT VIA U. S. MAIL AT THE INSIDE ADDRESS
BELOW.
This will insure that you get at least one copy.  More importantly, sending electronic copies of conventional
communications should eliminate flaming and other problems that have been documented in regards to electronic mail.

.sp 1.0i
** PAGER: ** 309 367 0787

Ms. Mary McRae
Manager of Technical Committee Administration OASIS PO Box 455 Billerica MA 01821
** Fax cc: ** 978 667 5114

Dear Ms. McRae:

Thank you for so quickly turning around the last draft of the first specification for OASIS Legal XML Member Section
e-Contracts Technical Committee (the TC) as discussed in my last letter ** tr782B **.

I put up new drafts in HTML, XML and PDF as indicated below.

Here are the status of the various issues:
 1)
I put in a place holder for the "editor" of the specification, so we can check the formatting.
However, the TC
needs to determine what name to put there.   I read the
OASIS Naming Guidelines: Metadata and Versioning, docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/metadata.html.
It says that the Editor and Chairs must be included if they exist.
However, I read your communications to indicate that the TC must list an Editor but does not have to include the
Chair's.
Please clarify so I can report back to the TC.
(Must the TC select an Editor or it may leave that position vacant?
Should the TC include the names of the Chairs and co-Chairs in the authorgroup metadata that have been elected?)
 2)
I am confused as to how to set up the correct file name as you requested in your communication to the TC of January
16th.
When I run the supplied style sheets, the system automatically generates file names of the form
legalxml-econ-specification-1.0.html
 3)
I updated the December 16th date.  I am using the December 21st date which is the date that the TC voted to approve the
specification.
 4)
The Specification designates the RelaxNG schema as normative and provides instructions on generating DTD and XML schema
versions (XML) using tools.
I will create a set of DTD and XML schema versions if you want them.  Perhaps, Mr. Meyer can send you a current set, as
well.
 5)
I am able to run the commands to convert the OASIS specification format to PDF using the offline stylesheet.
I am getting one warning.  I enclose the warning message and the command I am using on a separate page.  Perhaps, you
may wish to forward it to Ken Holman.

I uploaded the files to the OASIS web site (KAVI) in the TC documents site at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21896/spec.xml

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21895/legalxml-econ-specification-1.0.html

PDF (US):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21897/legalxml-econ-specification-1.0.pdf

PDF (A4):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21898/legalxml-econ-specification-1.0.pdf

Again, thank you for your work with me and the Technical Committee, and for forwarding the information to Mr. Ken Holman
regarding anomalies I reported with the docBook  suite.

Sincerely yours,

Laurence L. Leff, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Computer Science

cc: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org

Here is the shell script I use to generate the XSL-FO and the error message I get when I run renderX on the resulting
XSL-FO file.

#!/bin/sh
SAXON_HOME=/opt/docbook/XEP/lib
CP=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:$SAXON_HOME/saxon.jar:/opt/docbook/DOCBOOK/docbook-
xsl-1.65.1/extensions/saxon653.jar:/opt/docbook/xerces-2_6_0/xercesImpl.jar
/usr/bin/java -Xbootclasspath/p:$NEW_LIB_HOME/xalan-2.4.1.jar:$NEW_LIB_HOME/
xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar:$NEW_LIB_HOME/xml-apis.jar -classpath $CP com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet \
   -o $1.fo $1 stylesheets/oasis-specification-fo-us.xsl

  (validate
    [warning] file:/home/leffstudent/numchange/spec/legalxml-econ-specification-1.0.fo: line 1: Attribute 'src' cannot
have a value of "http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/DocBook/spec-0.4/OASISLogo.jpg": should be either 'inherit' or a
URI: src="url(...)".
    [validation total: 1 warning])