Subject: LegalXML eContracts request for OASIS Board action

   Hello all.  This confirms our discussion at the LegalXML MS
Steering Committee meeting this morning.
   Dan, as chair of the LegalXML e-Contracts TC, has informed us
that the committee wishes to be permitted to continue to operating
until 1 May 2007, two weeks past its scheduled closure date, as
described in the draft letter below.  Note, no IPR transition would
occur, and this waiver requires OASIS Board action under our IPR
Transition Policy.  In my words, the TC's intent is to permit a
brief response period, in order for the TC to politely process any
comments (as yet unreceived) to the current Public Review [1], prior
to a final expected approval of the Committee Specification.
   As I understand it, the Steering Committee endorsed this request,
and John Messing & Dan Greenwood will collaborate on a finalized
letter to be sent to Patrick Gannon for Board consideration by
Friday morning 16 March.  (That target would allow consideration of
the request as an action item by the Board at its March meeting.)
   Open action items are:
   1. Dan & Dave to send us a notice (or minutes) of the TC's
decision to make that request.
   2. John & Dan to send letter to Patrick.
   3. Patrick to add to Board agenda.

If I missed anything, please reply to the addressees on this message
with a correction.  Thanks.

   Regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1] PR ending 27 March:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200701/msg00013.html