legalxml-enotary-comment message

Subject: Identification by witnesses

I have read the eNotarization Use Cases Draft 0_6 and eNotary Vocabulary
Development. I don't see any recognition of the possibility of a signer
being identified by credible witnesses, or any provision for recording the
names of the witnesses. There is mention of identity documents, and
recording information about the same, but no equivalent provision for
recording information about the witnesses.

There is also mention in use case #5 of the notarial journal; even if it is
not necessary to mention the witnesses in an acknowledgement certificate or
jurat, it is likely that preserving credible witness information in the
journal will be at least desireable, if not mandatory.

Gerry Ashton